Bluetooth Installs

BillTheCat

Let me try this again. I want bluetooth in my JKUR. I know there are units in CB radios, head units, speakers w/ BT and units that plug into the AUX input on the head unit. Looking for input as to what works best for your rigs and what might not have worked well. Looking to get a feel for what others have done.

Last edited:
I believe this is what you are looking for. I installed one in both my Jeeps. It works perfectly for talking on the phone with no feed back and music is cd quality. And for only $40 it's well worth it. You might also need to buy a ground loop isolator as well though to keep out humming noise. Oh, and it plugs into your cigarette lighter so it automatically connects to your phone when the car is turned on. Simply amazing.

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX by Kinivo http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_ax8Hub1G4J99S

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Let me try this again. I want bluetooth in my JKUR. I know there are units in CB radios, head units, speakers w/ BT and units that plug into the AUX input on the head unit. Looking for input as to what works best for your rigs and what might not have worked well. Looking to get a feel for what others have done.

It all depends on your needs. The headunit-based bluetooth works well because it uses all your speakers. The noise cancellation is fairly good with stock headunit/mic combos. Aftermarket are pretty good as well. CBs you'll just have the one speaker, so it depends on where you mount it and if you use an external speaker on the quality and volume you'll get. I don't think you'll want to plug it into aux, besides it being cumbersome from a wire perspective, you'll probably have a lot of noise.

I have built in bluetooth with my 430N and it works great. If I had an older JK, I would go aftermarket. I would skip the CB - IMO.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a Pioneer head unit and IMO works much better than the BT in the OEM head unit.

I have my phone paired to it for calls and my daughter has her phone paired to it for music playback.

Also does a lot of other things and once I figure out how to make it fix me a sandwich ......

Top Bottom