Your thoughts on purchasing a Jeep

mstraw9379

Over the last six months I have been planning to buy a new 2015 Rubicon Unlimited with only a couple options (hard top and 9 speaker system).
Recently I found a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited. No hardtop and a lot of options I wouldn't order, but they are there. The dealer is asking $33,000.
The 2014 - Copperhead Pearl
6-speed manual
4.10 gears
Slush mats
Connectivity Group
Smoker's Group
Side air bags
Sunrider soft top
Navigation
Heated front seats
430n stereo
9 speaker system

What are your thoughts on which way to go?

jeff_in_rc

The only down side to getting a used jeep is you don't choose which options you get, you get what's already there. Now if that is not a problem get the used jeep and save some money!

BUT if it HAS to have only what you want on it and no other options then wait and get the 2015. Just my 0.02 here.

Good luck with which ever way you go!

mstraw9379

4000 miles on the 2014.

The other options aren't deal breakers (I really don't care for the side air bags). I was a little concerned about the smokers group. No signs it was ever smoked in. Everything else is just extra. The wife really liked the heated seats. We have them in our van.

Last edited:

mstraw9379

My wife didn't care for the color when we pulled up to the dealer.
Not my first choice of colors, but not a bad color either. I'm sure I would love it once I got used to it.

ClarksAdventures

I'd go for the 2014.
Pros

Great color
Great price
Lots of extra options(including individual TPMS, nav, Bluetooth, hot seats, etc)
Super low miles
Still under warranty

Cons

The 2014 has the wimpy sound system.

Speeddmn

If it has the options you want and only difference is the year, I would get it. It will save you money. Then you can save more and upgrade the items you want on it faster. Best part of a jeep is making it your own. On a side note, you can always get an extended warrinety if thats what you want also.

TheStick

Really depends on what you want. I got my '13 JKUR for $35 and change, and it had more options than you (auto and premium sound). Once you get down to the real price, the difference may be very small, and in that case, be patient and get exactly what you want.

KingCopperhead

My wife didn't care for the color when we pulled up to the dealer.
Not my first choice of colors, but not a bad color either. I'm sure I would love it once I got used to it.

IMHO if you're not 100% sure you can love the color, don't buy the jeep.
Don't get me wrong, I love copperhead pearl coat (obv I'm biased ;-)) but if you really want a different color just order one in the color you want or keep looking.

It's one thing to settle for a few extra options, but the right color is a game changer.

mstraw9379

I've never been a big stickler for color, unless it was something I really couldn't stomach. Color wasn't even a factor when I bought my 2007 JK Sahara. It had one of two things I was looking for. It is a manual transmission.
Hardtop is the only option I want that it doesnt have. I'm sure I can live with that since the other thing I was looking for she. I bought my 2007 was a soft top.

KingCopperhead

I've never been a big stickler for color, unless it was something I really couldn't stomach. Color wasn't even a factor when I bought my 2007 JK Sahara. It had one of two things I was looking for. It is a manual transmission.
Hardtop is the only option I want that it doesnt have. I'm sure I can live with that since the other thing I was looking for she. I bought my 2007 was a soft top.

Cool deal, I suppose the color debate is more of a personal thing.

*edit* misread the top thing. No hardtop would be a bummer, it's nice to have both.

Btw. The smokers group gets ya a third power outlet. Never can have too many of those. Also, I'll add that the mopar slush mats aren't bad at all. I'm a big fan of weathertech mats in all my vehicles but I haven't felt the need to replace my factory mats yet. They kept my carpet nice after a few muddy trip to rausch and we are in our snowy nasty season in NY right now and they're holding up well.

Idk if I'd like the side airbags though.

You probably know all this already but figured I'd give some input on the options it has.

Good luck finding your new jeep! Post up some pics once you get it!

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Although I'm all for ordering exactly what you want, Id get the 14' in this case. If you like the color, its very unique, which is something I personally like. As for options, more options than I want is fine. None of the options I want is a no go. Hardtops are really not that hard to come by and can often be found on Craigslist for 600-1000 bucks. Id go that route if its something you couldn't live without. Just my .02!

Top Bottom