EVO MFG - Draglink Flip Install Help

TomRalph

I sent them an email already but being late hour I dont suspect I will hear back until tomorrow... So I pose to you gents / gals.

The U-Bolt appears to be too big for an install... it measures 3 1/2" inches but the holes measure at 3" inches... Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 174

Speeddmn

Dont know if I can help, but yes that seems off, does the U bolt fit the link? if not and you have time run out and get a different U bolt to fit the holes. Lots of times parts are mixed up in a bin and get shipped out.

TomRalph

Dont know if I can help, but yes that seems off, does the U bolt fit the link? if not and you have time run out and get a different U bolt to fit the holes. Lots of times parts are mixed up in a bin and get shipped out.

Yeah I am going to run to Home Depot and get a 3" U-Bolt, just curious if I was missing something. The 3 1/2" wont fit the holes on the bracket at all, and it quite loose on the axle tube. Loose enough for me to know it isn't the right part.

Mistakes happen all the time. Hopefully they will respond in kind tomorrow with an answer.

Panda

I sent them an email already but being late hour I dont suspect I will hear back until tomorrow... So I pose to you gents / gals.

The U-Bolt appears to be too big for an install... it measures 3 1/2" inches but the holes measure at 3" inches... Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

They come that way, you can just bend it in a little

TomRalph

Scratch that idea. Home Depot doesn't have anything rated and they are all course threads, unlike the fine thread it came with. Guess I will be waiting for Evo's input.

Gives me time to ponder even needing the kit. I have the RK 3.5" X-Factor kit, steering is decent as is right now. I only got / wanted this to flip the steering stabilizer up since I read it did that. But looking at the instructions it does not appear that is the case.

TomRalph

Ment to say the ubolt could have been made for a rubî

I have a rubi :grayno:

Here I would have to compress the bolt about 1/4" to get it to fit in to the bracket

IMG_0181.jpg

That makes it almost 1/2" off from fully engaging the axle

IMG_0182.jpg

I sure hope this isn't 'by design'.

TomRalph

no the axle are the same just the pumpkins are different.

Thought of that after I sent my reply... The Dana 30 and 44's on the JK's are identical outside except for the pumpkin (D44 is larger). Tubes and C's are the same.

Thinking I may just return the entire kit, unless someone thinks the flip kit is needed (required) with my 3.5" X-Factor. Everything tracks/works as is now. Maybe I am causing pre-mature wear on some of the parts, due to the misalignment?

noroad

Thought of that after I sent my reply... The Dana 30 and 44's on the JK's are identical outside except for the pumpkin (D44 is larger). Tubes and C's are the same.

Thinking I may just return the entire kit, unless someone thinks the flip kit is needed (required) with my 3.5" X-Factor. Everything tracks/works as is now. Maybe I am causing pre-mature wear on some of the parts, due to the misalignment?

a flip kit is highlt recommended over 3inch to get it even with the track bar. evo has the all in one kit, it is the one stop shop kit for flip/track bar/SS relocation. it might have just been a bad bolt. you can get another one from them im sure or try a tractor supply as they are short money. ( if you can not bend it a little)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It is entirely possible they shipped the wrong hardware with the kit. Call the folks you purchased it from and they will send the correct hardware out (Northridge, ORE, Trail Jeeps).

Unless you find a spot that has the correct U-bolt in stock.

TomRalph

a flip kit is highlt recommended over 3inch to get it even with the track bar. evo has the all in one kit, it is the one stop shop kit for flip/track bar/SS relocation. it might have just been a bad bolt. you can get another one from them im sure or try a tractor supply as they are short money. ( if you can not bend it a little)

I didn't see in the instructions how to use the bracket to re-locate the SS. I was counting on that being in there. Maybe I missed it?

SFNick

You recieved the U-Bolt for the PR44 Flip kit. Same kit just designed for the 3inch axle tubes

Last edited:

Panda

I didn't see in the instructions how to use the bracket to re-locate the SS. I was counting on that being in there. Maybe I missed it?

It's not in the instructions but you rotate the SS upside down and bolt it into the empty hole in the flip bracket, you'll need to come up with your own bolt and a spacer for this

TomRalph

I have installed a few of these, it's the same on an evo rear track bar relocation bracket, you simply bend the u bolt in to fit, I was able to do it with my bare hands :yup:

Those are some hands! This one wont budge, maybe 1/16" or so, it is pretty stout. I will let you all know what NorthRidge/EVO say in the morning

Top Bottom