front coil spacer question

jman_12

I've had a winch and smittybilt front bumper on my jeep for a few months, and I am going to get a 1 inch spacer for the front to level the jeep out. Will I need wheel spacers to still run the stock wheels?

JKbrick

I've had a winch and smittybilt front bumper on my jeep for a few months, and I am going to get a 1 inch spacer for the front to level the jeep out. Will I need wheel spacers to still run the stock wheels?

What size are your tires? The tires and turning radius are why you need spacers other than for looks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you only need wheel spacers IF you are going to be running bigger/wider tires.

jman_12

I have 285/70R17 Km2s so theyre a 33 inch tire. they already rub on my factory fenders, but I also plan on trimming them soon.

JKbrick

The spacers will help if they rub on your control arms when you turn, no effect on rubbing your fenders with or without spacers I would think

radleyhardy

Same size tire I have. I would highly recommend some Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Also a 3/4" or 1" coil spacer would definitely do the job

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
A 1" coil space will help some if you are rubbing on your fender flares at articulation. They will do nothing for you if you are rubbing on your frame at full steering lock due to tire size. If that's the case, you would need wheel spacers also. I ran a TF leveling kit (spacers) with 285/70R17 BFGs and did not have any issues with rubbing unless it was at full articulation and full lock. That is not very often, if at all, for me. Therefore, I ran it with just the leveling kit. Wheels are 4.5" BS.

IMG_0324.jpg

Top Bottom