The Mojave Cross Update

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been following the Mojave Cross story, a WWI memorial errected back in 1934 and the center piece of stupidness in America, I'm happy to report that the National Parks Service will be paying to have it sectioned off, have signs put in place to indicate it as private property and establish a plaque to identify it as an official war memorial. By the first week of November, they hope to hand the 1-acre parcel over to the VFG and the caretakers of it, the Sandozes plan to commemorate it by Veterans Day 2012. Here's an article that was published about it in the LA Times...

A Mojave Desert cross brings a lot of things to bear
The head of the Mojave National Preserve had little reason to think that an exchange over a memorial built in 1934 would spur a 13-year saga full of litigation, vandalism, political theater and theft...

You can read the whole article here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mojave-cross-20121022,0,3428535.story?track=lanowpicks

Here's a shot of what it looked like back in 2010, back when litigation at the fedral level was still well underway...
main.php

So hard to believe there are people who have so much on their time that they'd go out of their way to be offended over a whole lot of nothing. :naw:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Freedom of Religion not freedom from Religion... Some people are way too sensitive or have nothing better to do. :grayno:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Very cool! Nice to see them protect this site. Lets go check it out

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Sounds like a cool trip/camp over. I'd be in, but post up rig requirements as I'm still stock. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
so awesome to see this war memorial back up where it belongs!! can't wait to see it in person again.

525580_10151095691096765_625687386_n.jpg

Top Bottom