? on 37 inch KO2's and lift/axle setup

Native

Hi guys,

Newb here and really enjoy the information I've gathered for quite a while in addition to Eddie's killer videos.

Since my '13 JKUR auto is my daily driver I'm planning on getting some KO2's in 37 inch with flat fenders and 3.5 inch x-factor lift and JER 1350 front DS replacement and wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on needing axle upgrades. Since these tires are only 67 pounds and are most likely around 35.5 inches tall mounted do the standard recommendations apply in terms chromoly shafts, gussets, trusses, to full fledged axle replacements on 37 inch tires? Any concerns with steering on this type of setup?

I'm wondering if I can get away with a 2.5x-factor for a lower COG...

Thanks!

jeepguy2014

I'd suggest at min to do c gussets and as you can invest do sleeves and better ball joints after your stock ones Give up the ghost. Axle upgrades are good as well. RCV work well but so do a good set of chrome alloy

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
All I would do is the C gussets as they will bend just with stock tires. The rest I wouldn't do as it will be a waste and not prevent your axle from bending. Put that money towards a pr44 for when your stock one does bend.

Welcome to the WAYALIFE! Stop by the Give Us a Wave thread and introduce yourself. http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

As mentioned in previous responses Gussets and possibly RAM Assist for steering. I would not waste the money on sleeves and trusses and put it towards a PR44 or 60. I would also recommend thinking about regearing to 5.13's. Here is a link to a thread written by wayoflife concerning 37's and gears. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...vor-Regear-Your-2012-Up-JK!!&highlight=regear

R/
Will

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All great advise so far. With 37's, a ram assist isn't "needed" but, it sure will help to have if only to help you get in and out of a tight parking spot at the mall. Out in AZ, it'll help even more on the rocks. :D As others have mentioned, I really wouldn't waste any more money on your front axle then you need to and if anything, I would just play with what you got until you need to replace it or can afford to replace it with a real upgrade like a Dynatrac ProRock 44. Also as mentioned, RCV's are nice shafts and have super strong joints but, I don't know if they're really worth the $400 premium especially when standard chromoly shafts with full circle clips will get the job done just as well. With the money you save, you can get something you really need like a new HD tie-rod or ball joints. Just a thought.

Top Bottom