Dynatrac prosteers vs poly

JDDK

My Synergy balljoints are showing slop after 23k miles. Not thrilled. Getting lots of freeway rattle that is almost DW. Its a DD and all freeway. No wheelin either. Checked CAs trck bushings etc. All was replaced 23k ago together and 33" Nittos new and balanced and all aligned. Regularly torqued and greased too. Anyone else blow through these like this?

Is prosteer worth$$ or maybe buy cheapy Oe or Moogs w lifetime warranty and get free ones every 20k???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In all fairness, the Synergy TRE's are just the same Chinese TRE as Alloy USA and Crown. Sure, they're better than stock but there are other issues at play that can cause them to wear out prematurely.

Where the Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints are superior over OE or ANY OTHER aftermarket ball joints is in the fact that they have a different method of operation. OE and ALL other aftermarket ball joints including Synergy have a bottom joint that pivots and a top joint that allows up and down motion but NO pivot. The Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints have a bottom joint that allows pivot and, a top joint that goes up and down AND pivots. This helps keep the ball joints aligned with each other without binding. Bent axle C's are very common in JKs and this specific feature of the ProSteer's is a crucial part to ball joint longevity. Sure, they cost a lot more but, you get what you pay for and I can assure you that they will be the last set of ball joints you will ever need to buy again.

JDDK

Excellent! I will take your guarantee as I dont really want to be pulling my front end apart every 8 months.

Any bulletproof brands for hub bearings? I think mine are going out too...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent! I will take your guarantee as I dont really want to be pulling my front end apart every 8 months.

Any bulletproof brands for hub bearings? I think mine are going out too...

Wish I could help you out there but unfortunately, there isn't. If you're running big wide tires mounted on wheels with little backspacing, replacing your unit bearings is just something you'll have to get used to. I'm currently running a set of Timkens and so far, they seem to be working about as good as OE.

deadguy

I've had a reputable source tell me to go with Synergy's over dynatracs due to failure rate. I've had Synergy's for about 70k with dd duties and wheeling on 35s and they are still tight. A friend if mine that has dynatracs and had a failure with a quarter of the mileage on them. The rebuild kits are also 200 a side so you either replace all for 2xx or one side for 2xx when they go. I'm all for american made parts but sometimes you have to give a nod to something that works. I'm going to stick with Synergy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a reputable source tell me to go with Synergy's over dynatracs due to failure rate. I've had Synergy's for about 70k with dd duties and wheeling on 35s and they are still tight. A friend if mine that has dynatracs and had a failure with a quarter of the mileage on them. The rebuild kits are also 200 a side so you either replace all for 2xx or one side for 2xx when they go.

:cheesy: I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call BULLSHIT on you and your so called "reputable source". I don't know of a single person running ProSteers that's ever had a single problem with these ball joints or has ever even needed to have them rebuilt and that includes mine and I have well over 70,000 miles on the set I'm running now. The set I had before on my old 2009 JK had 50,000 miles on them when I sold it over 2 years ago and being that the people I sold it to are friends, I know they are still running them as is to this day. As far as your "friend" goes, if he really had a set of Dynatrac ProSteers fail in 15k miles, that would have been an unheard of exception and NOT a rule and if there were any merit to what you were saying, there would be evidence of it all over the web. Fact of the matter is, there isn't.

I'm all for american made parts but sometimes you have to give a nod to something that works. I'm going to stick with Synergy.

Funny, the OP just gets done saying his Chinese ball joints are already showing signs of slop and here you are coming on here to give a nod them. :thumb:

BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE.

deadguy

Just going with my experience...... I'm not in circle of hard core wheelers like you are but when a friend of mine had a failure and the salesman telling me to go with Synergy's while ordering a prorock while the dynatracs were on sale is something to take note of. Not trying to cause a argument just throwing out an opinion. I have an awesome respect for what you do so please don't get it twisted

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just going with my experience...... I'm not in circle of hard core wheelers like you are but when a friend of mine had a failure and the salesman telling me to go with Synergy's while ordering a prorock while the dynatracs were on sale is something to take note of. Not trying to cause a argument just throwing out an opinion. I have an awesome respect for what you do so please don't get it twisted

Lol he sold you the synergy's because they are so cheap to make that they make more money off of them at the $200 price tag.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just going with my experience......

And that's cool but, being that you've been on here since March of 2013 and only have 6 posts to your name, none of which that can speak for your "experience", you'll forgive me if I take that with a grain of salt.

I'm not in circle of hard core wheelers like you are...

LOL!! I think you might have me confused with someone else. My friends and I are just mall crawlers who never put our Jeeps or the products we have on them to the test.

...but when a friend of mine had a failure

Did you see this so called "failure" and if so, exactly what "failed"? Are you really suggesting that Dynatrac told your friend that he would have to buy a rebuild kit after his ball joints supposedly failed in just 15,000 miles? I just got done doing a google search for Dynatrac ProSteer failures and couldn't come up with a single result. I wonder why that is.

...and the salesman telling me to go with Synergy's while ordering a prorock while the dynatracs were on sale is something to take note of.

ummm, yeah. A "salesman" tells you to go with Synergy while ordering a ProRock and that's somehow proof of the ProSteers being substandard. Of course, there's no chance your "salesman" might have been out of stock on ProSteers and had Synergy in stock or, that maybe he makes a bigger profit off of Synergy or, maybe was trying to save you some money because of the size of your order or anything.

Not trying to cause a argument just throwing out an opinion. I have an awesome respect for what you do so please don't get it twisted

Nor am I. I'm just challenging your opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is my video of my prosteer ball joints I sent to Northridge for warranty. They were covered. I'm the one dead guy is referring to. I've had no other problems with them, and they were easy to rebuild. http://youtu.be/0xfiUCcBSdU

Thanks for chiming in. This is honestly the first I've seen or heard of anything like this and I'm glad to hear you got this covered, unlike the way your friend made it sound. I'm also glad to hear you haven't had a problem since.

deadguy

Just because I just "joined" a while ago doesn't mean anything. I belong to many forums for many vehicles. I only post when I see fit...... Regardless thank you rinkishjk :what: for putting a bit of concrete behind my words. Either way to the op, go with what you think is right. Dynatrac has great customer service and awesome products. Aaaaaaand so do other companies..... Happy Saturday and merry Christmas

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just because I just "joined" a while ago doesn't mean anything. I belong to many forums for many vehicles.

Of course it means something. If you're going to make statements about a product without backing it up with any proof and at the same time, use big big words like your "experience", the only thing a guy like me has to work off of is what you've posted in the past. And, as I had stated, of the 6 posts you have to your name, none backed up your self-declared "experience".

I only post when I see fit...... Regardless thank you rinkishjk :what: for putting a bit of concrete behind my words. Either way to the op, go with what you think is right. Dynatrac has great customer service and awesome products. Aaaaaaand so do other companies..... Happy Saturday and merry Christmas

:cheesy: Are you purposefully NOT READING what the OP said in his first statement? To be clear, he said and I quote, "My Synergy balljoints are showing slop after 23k miles. Not thrilled.". In other words, HE ALREADY BOUGHT A SET of Synergy ball joints and IS NOT happy with them. :naw:

Happy Saturday and Merry Christmas to you as well.

deadguy

And this is why I don't post... Big Post count = super smart and my words are the bible. Don't worry I'll go back into hibernation. Or maybe I'll build my post count up so I'm more "experienced" synergy fanboi OUT

And this is why I don't post... Big Post count = super smart and my words are the bible. Don't worry I'll go back into hibernation. Or maybe I'll build my post count up so I'm more "experienced" synergy fanboi OUT

Quit being a baby. You stated in all your experience yet you have not shared a bit of that experience and passing it along. To me it is a bit selfish like you do not want to see others succeed. So to dumb this down if you do not want your feeling hurt from your experience keep it to yourself.

computeruser6

I've had a reputable source tell me to go with Synergy's over dynatracs due to failure rate. I've had Synergy's for about 70k with dd duties and wheeling on 35s and they are still tight. A friend if mine that has dynatracs and had a failure with a quarter of the mileage on them. The rebuild kits are also 200 a side so you either replace all for 2xx or one side for 2xx when they go. I'm all for american made parts but sometimes you have to give a nod to something that works. I'm going to stick with Synergy.

What's the difference in failure rates between Synergy and Dynatrac ball joints and who is your reputable source? I myself have been using Synergy ball joints for 25,000 miles with no problems yet. But if your going to say the failure rate of the ProSteers is higher you should have some data to back that up with. What did the salesmen state as the reason for going with one set of ball joints over another?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And this is why I don't post... Big Post count = super smart and my words are the bible.

:cheesy: Never said that you needed a big post count to be smart but, it is hard to give your "experience" any weight when you have nothing to back it up with. The simple truth of the matter is, the more posts you have, the more people can judge for themselves whether or not there's any merit to anything you might have to say.

Don't worry I'll go back into hibernation. Or maybe I'll build my post count up so I'm more "experienced" synergy fanboi OUT

:cheesy: If you're gonna leave, just leave. No need to be a drama queen about it :drama:

deadguy

The experience I referenced was my talk with someone in the business even though he was a salesman and rinkishjk that posted a video of said worn prosteer. Like I said dynatrac has great products. But joints do fail, That's why they make a rebuild kit. A ball joint is a wearable item just like a ujoint or tie rod ends and bushings. op had a synergy fail early and so did rinkishjk. Not being a baby guys just stating some things I've seen and heard. Sometimes you can't post your opinion on any forum without being bullied enough to shut up.

JAGS

Hooked

Calm down. Same as Canvas said. You can't claim experience and not have any posts to illustrate and then expect folks to take your word.

And the post count doesn't mean squat. GCM2 and others on here can't post that much, but we know the type of wheeling and experience they have just the same.

Top Bottom