Anyone have experience with fox ats?

mattman8686

So all my factory steering bushings took a shit for the second time in 20k miles and I decided to say fuck it and upgrade everything that needed changing. I have synergy tie rod and drag link coming in but I also have a Fox ATS steering stabilizer coming too. Anyone have any experience and can tell me what to expect with it? I know it's adjustable but what exactly does it adjust and does it affect what you feel with the wheel.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How do all of you factory steering components take a shit twice in 20k miles? Maybe something isn't set up correctly with your jeep. That is far from normal.

mattman8686

How do all of you factory steering components take a shit twice in 20k miles? Maybe something isn't set up correctly with your jeep. That is far from normal.

Well the first time was the steering pump and the drag link bushings which got covered under warranty and it happened cause donuts in soft dirt (idk how) and the second was Pismo and driving really hard in the sand and wore out the bushings again but in both drag link and tie rod.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well the first time was the steering pump and the drag link bushings which got covered under warranty and it happened cause donuts in soft dirt (idk how) and the second was Pismo and driving really hard in the sand and wore out the bushings again but in both drag link and tie rod.

By bushings are you talking about the TRE's?

Mikead40

So all my factory steering bushings took a shit for the second time in 20k miles and I decided to say fuck it and upgrade everything that needed changing. I have synergy tie rod and drag link coming in but I also have a Fox ATS steering stabilizer coming too. Anyone have any experience and can tell me what to expect with it? I know it's adjustable but what exactly does it adjust and does it affect what you feel with the wheel.

I've had it for a several months now. It works - but does it honestly do anything that justifies the cost? Nope. The adjustment just changes the stiffness of the stabilizer. On its highest setting it would firm up the steering wheel feel, and have a higher degree of a "stabilizing" effect. I personally barely noticed a difference between the highest and lowest setting. I run mine in the middle now. If I had to do it over again if save the money until i could get a psc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! I was wondering the same thing. Guess I don't play hard enough cause all my factory steering components see to last forever :idontknow: :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've had it for a several months now. It works - but does it honestly do anything that justifies the cost? Nope. The adjustment just changes the stiffness of the stabilizer. On its highest setting it would firm up the steering wheel feel, and have a higher degree of a "stabilizing" effect. I personally barely noticed a difference between the highest and lowest setting. I run mine in the middle now. If I had to do it over again if save the money until i could get a psc.

Now that's what I call an honest review. :clap2:

Fact of the matter is, if your Jeep is dialed in, you can run without a steering stabilizer and without any significant effect. This is not to say that a stabilizer won't help absorb hits, it's just that a factory stabilizer will do this just fine and really, that's all I ever recommend - that or something like a basic Rancho replacement stabilizer if the factory one gets smashed. Of course, I'm also the kind of guy that runs factory track bars and drag links with my 40" tires and ProRock 60 front axle. :yup:

Top Bottom