What to do with old stock items

chipper

Just as the title says. I've just install a lift and now I have a big pile of parts. I just sold the stock tires, but what about the rest. Shocks, springs, brake lines, front lower control arms, drag link.
Is it worth keeping for a little while? Or just scrap it. I don't know if anyone would want stock stuff, would they?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Some sell some scrape. I do not think you would get much for it. You could always offer free as well.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Depends on what it is. Shocks and coils I would sell or toss, controls arms you could keep, tires I would sell. It really just depends

chipper

Seems like most folks would only want rubi coils and shocks. Mine are unlimited sport. I'll offer them up for free. If no takers I'll just scrap. Thanks. Seems like such a waste though :idontknow:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Seems like most folks would only want rubi coils and shocks. Mine are unlimited sport. I'll offer them up for free. If no takers I'll just scrap. Thanks. Seems like such a waste though :idontknow:

Or....you could make some cool yard art.
yard art.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wouldn't bother with scrap. I got $8.40 for a loaded D30, exhaust, track bar, tie rod, drag link, and two door rubi rails. Waste of my time.

Clark Collins

Be patient

I wouldn't bother with scrap. I got $8.40 for a loaded D30, exhaust, track bar, tie rod, drag link, and two door rubi rails. Waste of my time.
I followed your thread and saw you didn't get much for your stuff. My advice for the OP is to be patient and post your stuff for sale on the forum. I swapped in Rubi axles and sold my stock axles on this and the other JK forum. I parted them out and got the weight down below the 150 lb limit to ship the bare housings without the shafts etc by UPS. They just bubble wrapped the axles and shipped. I sold the rear shafts for $150 and each of the housings for $150 ea. It took a while and was a little bit of work on deals that fell through, but now my axles are helping out other forum members who really needed them. Besides getting $450 out of the stuff I think helping out other forum members made it even more worthwhile.

Top Bottom