Wrangler Hi-Lift Jack & Mounting

tonytony9

*3rd Thread Post Tonight :bleh:!

I want to get a hi-lift for my jk and I would love to be able to mount it to the stock tire carrier. Anyone know of any good deals or versions?

I really like this one: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/kits-package/index.htm because it comes with everything I want. Hows the price? Anyone have any experience with it?

Also, is this going to make my tailgate sag? I already have a 265 tire on it (Haven't gotten a new spare to match my new tires yet :naw: ), so should I do anything to it to help with the extra weight?

I have an 08 jk unlimited btw!

MarkW13

Be cautious with adding weight to the tailgate. They are known for shaking themselves to pieces. I'd suggest a bumper or frame mounted tire carrier. It will be much better in the long run.

Tanner505

Like markw13 said don't add it to your factory door do a interior mount or a hood mount or a after market tire carrier mount

tonytony9

Be cautious with adding weight to the tailgate. They are known for shaking themselves to pieces. I'd suggest a bumper or frame mounted tire carrier. It will be much better in the long run.

I cant afford a new back bumper atm. How much are the frame mounted tire carriers?

Tanner505

My buddy has one on his jk and it seems solid enough, but do some research I remember seeing evo coming out with I high lift mount that looked good, I have mine mounted to my teraflex hinge tire carrier but I am going to ditch that soon and opt for a poison spyder rock brawler 2 rear bumper, look at the interior mounting kit the also look good

MarkW13

I cant afford a new back bumper atm. How much are the frame mounted tire carriers?

The only one i've seen is the aev tire carrier that still uses the stock bumper and it is like $750. I've seen some cool roll bar mounts and made a pretty cool mount that spans the fender well on my yj.

tonytony9

My buddy has one on his jk and it seems solid enough, but do some research I remember seeing evo coming out with I high lift mount that looked good, I have mine mounted to my teraflex hinge tire carrier but I am going to ditch that soon and opt for a poison spyder rock brawler 2 rear bumper, look at the interior mounting kit the also look good

Does the teraflex hing tire carrier work on 08's? I was just looking it up and people said it actually strengthens the tail gate.

MarkW13

Does the teraflex hing tire carrier work on 08's? I was just looking it up and people said it actually strengthens the tail gate.

There are multiple threads on here showing how weak they are. They just break off. Leaving your tire/jack in traffic.

jman_12

I'm sure it should be fairly simple to mount it on the hood, and would take some added weight away as compared to mounting it on the rear bumper or tire carrier. Just my .02 cents lol

TheNoob

There are multiple threads on here showing how weak they are. They just break off. Leaving your tire/jack in traffic.

I've seen the cracked tire carriers but haven't came across a thread where it actually fell of in traffic? Got a link? Haven't came across any threads about failures on their hi lift mount neither? :hmm:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want to get a hi-lift for my jk and I would love to be able to mount it to the stock tire carrier. Anyone know of any good deals or versions?

Not trying to be facetious but, are you just wanting one for how they make your Jeep look or, do you think you'll actually have a need for one?

The roll bar ones look good but if you want the rear highlift mount look at the new on evo came out with http://www.offroadevolution.com/sto...25&PHPSESSID=de20bf1439e40dd55288fec371dc0270

If anything, this is what I would recommend. I believe that Rampage makes a similar one too and it's probably the best place to mount one if you really feel like you need one.

Yeah, TeraFlex fanboys will tell you that.

I've seen the cracked tire carriers but haven't came across a thread where it actually fell of in traffic? Got a link? Haven't came across any threads about failures on their hi lift mount neither? :hmm:

Lot of damn money to spend on something that you yourself have seen break. Just because one hasn't broken completely off and hurt someone yet doesn't mean that it couldn't.

Top Bottom