Tires choice

Bryan__howell

I'm looking at two types of tires as of not. Goodyear fierce attitudes and mastercraft mxt's. 60% of my driving is done on the road. And the other 40% is done in slushy muddy fields. Any thought on which one is the better tire? Or which one will last me longer? Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, don't have any experience with either so I couldn't say one way or another but, they both seem to have nice big voids and that should help to clear out your tires when in the mud. Hopefully someone else with some first hand knowledge will chime in.

noroad

I'm looking at two types of tires as of not. Goodyear fierce attitudes and mastercraft mxt's. 60% of my driving is done on the road. And the other 40% is done in slushy muddy fields. Any thought on which one is the better tire? Or which one will last me longer? Thanks!

GRNHORN has the Goodyear fierce attitudes, i believe he likes them but think he is going to nitto trails when he bumps to a 37. I have seen them in action as i wheel with him a ton and they do a pretty good job, think the side walls could be a little stronger IMO.

here is his jeep

Attachments

• sj.jpg
    sj.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 341

noroad

Thanks! I just can't seem to make up my mind. The side wall seems to be an issue for a lot of people

Ya for me side wall is huge up here i cant go a run without getting a tree or something rubbing on my tires, i really like the nitto's for that reason.

GRNHORN

I really like the Goodyear Fierce Attitudes, however, like NOROAD said the sidewall could be a little stronger. I get a new mark or slit each time I go out. None of the slits have been deep enough to cause the tire to go flat, so it is merely cosmetic.

I don't know anything about the mastercraft. But like NOROAD said when I go up to 37's I will go with the NITTO's.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The fierce attitudes are basically built along the same lines as the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. I would stay away from the mastercrafts, due to them being more of an M/T, probably won't have very good road manners. With the type of driving your Jeep sees, I'd recommend a "hybrid" tire like the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3, Nitto ExoGrappler, Toyo Open Country R/T, or the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx

Bryan__howell

I appreciate the reply but iv already decided on the two. It's either the attitudes or the mastercrafts, not sure which will last me longer

t8er

2 of the guys I wheel with run the fierce altitudes. They've held up pretty well so Id feel comfortable recommending them. They both will rock crawl and they've done well in Moab

Flyboy88

I have the Mastercraft MXTs in 285/70R17 and like them. They're not bad on the road, do make a little noise, but ride well and handle good. I only have 4k miles on them, so can't say much for tread life.

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bryan__howell

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on the fierce attitudes. Not a fan of the name, but not a bad bang for the buck. Hoping I'll get 40k miles out of them.

Randonizer

May be a little late too the thread but ive had about 10000 miles on my fierce attitudes and love them so far. Benn great offroad in the mud and also in the snow. Pretty quiet too. Just wish they made bigger than 35 as i will be going to 37s soon.

Heres some videos i made of the tires in action on my jeep

kgw350

There are a lot of guys in our area running fierce tires. No complaints with them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ive ran the mxts in 295/70 for about 5000 miles. Just dropped them to go to a bigger tire that i got a hella deal on. If it wasnt for that, id still run em. They are a true mt and handle great on the road and off. I went everywhere guys with lockers were going on wet rocky TN trails. Oh and they are pretty damn quiet too.

Bryan__howell

I love them! 8k miles so far and still look brand new. Couldn't be happier. I'm extremely surprised at how quiet they are, and I have a soft top.

Top Bottom