Poison Spyder brawler lite + Warn winch: Any Input?

mrmike

Looking for some input on running a Poison Spyder Brawler Lite front bumper and a Warn winch. Input on the following:

Does anyone see an issue with the higher mounting point of the winch (vs recessed in bumper like other brands)?

Are the light pockets deeper than stock? I have Baja Design Squadrons in my stock fog holes. Want to make sure they don't end up too deep and loose some usable light. Although could relocate them onto the bumper if needed.

Bolt on Coil-over spring rate change or Preload? I have 250/250 and it works perfect right now. What rates are others running with the extra weight? Or do you all simply crank the preload some more (I'm only about 7-8 turns down for a 3" lift height)

What winch option is best to keep the weight and size down? Zeon are nice but taller and wider. M8000 is smaller and cheaper. Is an 8k enough? I don't foresee heavy use of the winch. Mainly for a emergency situation when wheeling alone (which isn't that often).

FYI main reason for the choice of the PS is the look and that I can get a smoking deal on one. I like the new EVO product other than it would cost me more and I prefer the look of the brawler bar not going all the way to the ends of the bumper.

KingCopperhead

Can't comment on some of your questions, but I'll say that while the light pockets are deeper than the stock bumper, the amount of light from your fogs won't be significantly diminished. Even with a winch hook partially obscuring one of my lights I still get plenty of supplemental lighting from my fogs. (pic shows how my driver side light is partially blocked by my hook)

As for winches you might need an adapter plate for the zeon, I'd give poison spyder a call on that unless a member here has one and will chime in.

Attachments

• 1418680810920.jpg
    1418680810920.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 237

Panda

The deeper fog light pockets only narrow the light a little and you do need spacers for a Zeon winch, the only downside I experienced with the winch up out of the bumper is it gets hit by more bugs and road debris

SaddleTramp

As everyone else said the pockets are deeper but I haven't noticed any loss of light as a fog light than stock.

I previously had the boltons too and that's what's great with them, if you lose a little lift from the weight of the bumper, just turn in a little more height.

I used the Poison Spyder spacers but others have also used washers too. I don't see a real negative to the bumper sitting on top as of yet but only have used the winch once so far. I'm sure sitting lower would be ideal though. I would like if nothing more than to get it down lower than the radiator opening but it probably doesn't make much difference.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418696355.425962.jpg

mastrcruse

I run a brawler lite and a zeon 12 and love the way it looks and not to mention it performs like a beast!! The worst part was aligning the fairlead, zeon plates, bumper, and winch with the skid plate on. Trying to get the bolts and all things aligned was a pain. After all was said and done I wouldn't change a thing. It dropped my front end about a quarter of an inch but I was cool with that since I had a bit of reverse rake.

mrmike

I run a brawler lite and a zeon 12 and love the way it looks and not to mention it performs like a beast!! The worst part was aligning the fairlead, zeon plates, bumper, and winch with the skid plate on. Trying to get the bolts and all things aligned was a pain. After all was said and done I wouldn't change a thing. It dropped my front end about a quarter of an inch but I was cool with that since I had a bit of reverse rake.

If I don't go with the skid plate would that make the install easier?

CharlieK

I am currently running the Brawler lite with a Zeon winch. I use the Posion Spyder spacer. I do wish it sat a little lower, but overall the height is a real issue. My previous bumper had a winch pocket, which was nice as well. Hands sow the Brawler Lite is a much better look. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418698006.150701.jpg

mastrcruse

If I don't go with the skid plate would that make the install easier?

Yes but I think the look of the crash bar hanging is bad. Many cut the bar off but I didn't want to which is why I went with the skid plate. I have big forearms and a skinny buddy of mine was able to get to 3 bolts very easily and had to work a little to get to the fourth. I wouldn't have passed on the skid just because of one bolt though.

SaddleTramp

Also, pick a good set of fogs or what you think you'll want to run for the foreseeable future and instal them before you mount the bumper. Especially if you go with the skid, changing fog lights down the road is a pain to do without removing the bumper, doable but a pain to do as an afterthought, ask me and my knuckles how I know, ;-)

mastrcruse

I'm torn between a zenon 10s, and a 9.5 cti. The cti doesn't need the spacers to fit..

Get the Zeon. You won't regret it and you'll have the one of the best looking and performing winches out on the market. I am so glad I went with the zeon (12 in my case).

Wardell

Have you considered the new Zeon Platinum line? It's pricey, but from the specs it looks like it combines the best of the older Zeon and CTI winches. Plus it has a wireless remote, which could be handy.

Top Bottom