2015 WAYALIFE EPIC TREX Trail Run Schedule

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DSC06380.jpg

Cindy and I get people asking us about upcoming runs all the time and so for 2015, we decided to change things up a bit and announce a tentative list of bigger runs we hope to get going. Please note that nothing is written in stone and actual dates will be added to the list as we're able to firm things up. For the most part, we just want to make sure you are aware of what we're planning for the year to come and give you a chance to plan for one or more of these runs if they sound interesting you.

January 2-3: Kick Off Run
The WAYALIFE Kick Off Run is our first run of the year and typically, one of our biggest. This will take place out in the Mojave Desert. Everyone is welcome to attend and there are no minimum requirements.

February 14-15 : Presidents Day Weekend Run
I apologize for this being a last minute announcement but, the plan is to head out to Lone Pine and do some fossil hunting and exploring. Everyone is welcome to attend and there are no minimum requirements.

March 7-8 : Newbie Run/Camping Trip
If you live in the SoCal area, are new to the sport of off-roading and/or would just like to learn how to use your Jeep on the trail, we will be planning a newbie run out in the Mojave Desert on, March 7, 2015 and we would love to have you join us. Please DO NOT sign up for this run unless you are a newbie as we will be limiting the amount of people who can attend this run and we would like to allow as many newbies to attend as possible. If you are an experienced Jeeper and would like to help out, please let us know but please know that we will only be taking on as many as is needed for the run.

April 10-19: Pilgrimage to the Promised Land
As most of you know, Cindy and I typically make a trek out to Moab every year during EJS but this year, we're hoping to do things a little differently and go off season. And, to change things up even more, we plan on turning this trip into a trek up the Colorado River that will allow us to take in the sights and hit trails along the way. Sorry, this trip is currently full.

May 22-25 : Kick-Off to Summer Camping Trip
Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of summer for Cindy and I, it's typically when we start heading back out specifically to do some camping. For those of you who are interested, this will be a scenic run/camping trip out in the Nevada mountains and we'd love to have you join us. Space may be limited. We will not be taking any sign-ups until the official thread for this run has been started.

June 13-17 : California or Bust - The Final Stretch (Nevada to California)
As some of you may know, our 2014 California or Bust trip was unexpectedly cut short about half way through Nevada and it has always been our plan to regroup and complete it. And, to help make our 2015 home stretch more interesting, we will be starting our trip from Carson City, make our way across the Loneliest Highway to Ely and explore some remote locations along the way. On our way to California, we will do a little camping, cross the 40 mile desert and stay in historic towns. As was the case last year, everyone is welcome to join us but, due to limited accommodation space, there will be a limit on the size of our group. Also, you will not be required to run the entire trip. We will not be taking any sign-ups until the official thread for this run has been started.

July 14-16 : Rockin Rubicon Run
This of course is our big annual Rubicon run that we do every year and as a special bonus, we will have some members from the East Coast joining us. We do have minimum requirements to join us and unfortunately, we do have a cap on how many people can attend. We will not be taking any sign-ups until the official thread for this run has been started.

August : Dusy Ershim Run
September : End of Summer Camping Trip
October : WAYALIFE Wanderlust

For your benefit, many of these runs will have minimum requirements and to help keep things manageable, most will have a cap as to how many people can attend. Please note that we will NOT be signing anyone up for any of the runs in question until an official thread for it has been started. At that point and time, sign-ups will be on a first come first serve basis. Throughout the year, we will also be doing miscellaneous runs in between what is listed above and we will announce them separately.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see you out on the trail. :cool:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like a great list of runs! i hope im able to make the rubicon run and if not maybe one of the others

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great list of runs! i hope im able to make the rubicon run and if not maybe one of the others

That would be awesome if you could make our Rockin Rubicon Run as I know a few of your east coast friends are planning to join us this year as well. If you can't make it, I do hope you will be able to make another one of our runs.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I look forward to all of the pictures. One year soon I hope to join you as well. :thumbup::beer:

hbkid22

Have you thought about making a trip out to Colorado?!?!?!?! :)

Hopefully I can make it out to the Moab trip and might just skip EJS for that......Would be good to meet some of you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Colorado is definitely on our to do again list but I couldn't work it into our schedule this year. Perhaps next year.

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks for posting up Eddie. Really looking forward and hoping to do several of these in 2015. 👍

Anything I should add to the Xmas list so I meet all the minimum requirements? 😉

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That would be awesome if you could make our Rockin Rubicon Run as I know a few of your east coast friends are planning to join us this year as well. If you can't make it, I do hope you will be able to make another one of our runs.

Deployment with the coast guard is the only thing that may keep me from joining. If it does and I'm stationed in California you can bet I will make one of the ones after it for sure!

hbkid22

Colorado is definitely on our to do again list but I couldn't work it into our schedule this year. Perhaps next year.

I hear ya. It might be hard to make it out West but will try...Moab is 6.5 hours away so that is doable as long as I can get some time away!

trail run

View attachment 115197

Cindy and I get people asking us about upcoming runs all the time and so for 2015, we decided to change things up a bit and announce a tentative list of bigger runs we hope to get going. Please note that nothing is written in stone and actual dates will be added to the list as we're able to firm things up. For the most part, we just want to make sure you are aware of what we're planning for the year to come and give you a chance to plan for one or more of these runs if they sound interesting you.

January 2-3: Kick Off Run
February : Presidents Day Weekend Run
March : Newbie Run
April : Trek to Moab Adventure
May : Kick-Off to Summer Camping Trip
June : California or Bust - The Final Stretch (Nevada to California)
July : WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run
August : Dusy Ershim Run
September : End of Summer Camping Trip
October : WAYALIFE Wanderlust

For your benefit, many of these runs will have minimum requirements and to help keep things manageable, most will have a cap as to how many people can attend. Please note that we will NOT be signing anyone up for any of the runs in question until an official thread for it has been started. At that point and time, sign-ups will be on a first come first serve basis. Throughout the year, we will also be doing miscellaneous runs in between what is listed above and we will announce them separately.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see you out on the trail. :cool:

Could you consider adding a harder intermediate run? Not newbie or advanced but in between? Thanks Eddie.

JAGS

Hooked
Could you consider adding a harder intermediate run? Not newbie or advanced but in between? Thanks Eddie.

I think if you ask Eddie, these are all pretty beginner to intermediate runs. Lol. As stated, there will be other runs and minimum requirement will be given in for each one.

Why not wait and see what the minimum requirements are. I only see one newbie run and one hard run on there.

Yup, what you said. 👍 Though your definition of a hard run is different than mine. I see a solid three that would be challenging/difficult, at least at parts.

Bummed you won't be at the rubicon run. How am I gonna get through little sluice without you spotting me. 😳

-Jason

RockyJk

Hope I have my jeep setup for the rubicon and the dusy never been to either one and if I can get the time off work some of the others as well

I think if you ask Eddie, these are all pretty beginner to intermediate runs. Lol. As stated, there will be other runs and minimum requirement will be given in for each one.

Yup, what you said.  Though your definition of a hard run is different than mine. I see a solid three that would be challenging/difficult, at least at parts.

Bummed you won't be at the rubicon run. How am I gonna get through little sluice without you spotting me. 

-Jason

Hi Jason:

I do have to admit I am a very good spotter. Just don't have a Jeep capable for the Rubicon yet!

Top Bottom