lube locker gaskets

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll have guys coming on here in a moment that will go on and on about it as if it's the best thing since sliced bread but in the end, it's just a gasket and yeah, it works. I personally prefer using Permatex The Right Stuff.

They work fine. When my re-gear was done, the shop used sealant on my rear axle dif cover. It leaked a bit. When I changed the dif fluid after the break in period, I put a lubelocker on, and have no leaks.

Regular sealant made for this purpose works just fine and is way cheaper. If you have to pull your dif covers frequently, I can see where they save the hassle of having to scrape off the old sealant every time.

Good luck with your build.

You'll have guys coming on here in a moment that will go on and on about it as if it's the best thing since sliced bread but in the end, it's just a gasket and yeah, it works. I personally prefer using Permatex The Right Stuff.

Based on your recommendation in your Dif cover replacement writeup, The Right Stuff is what I used on my front PR44. Worked very well, and it was way easier using it out of a pressurized can vs squirting it out of the tube....lol!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I think they're great. Once you've had to scrape RTV a few times, you'll think they're great too. If you have a propensity to change your diff fluid often for any reason, you'll like them. If you don't touch them much or have someone else do it, then don't bother. RTV isn't that hard to remove, but I did like the lube lockers.

Tanner505

Reason I'm asking is I got a set of poison spyder bombshell diff covers with Lube lockers for Christmas last year and I haven't had the chance to do them and I wanted your guys opinion before I use them

2011jk

I've used them but any gasket can leak eventually. I still prefer Permatex ultra grey #82194. I let it set 24 hrs before filling and never get leaks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What's the torque spec for the bolt that you guys have used

whatever factory spec is which is i belive 10 ft lbs.

i use the permetex sealant as wayalife mentioned. it holds up really well. i change my diff fluid a lot because of all the water crossings i do. i pulled the cover once over the past few times just to inspect everything. other than that it stays sealed.

twoxstreem

I used it on the rear with my Dana 44. It works. Do not torque to the specified 35lbs or you will twist off the heads of the factory bolts.

I bought grade 8 flanged bolts to replace the factory ones.

Top Bottom