ARB Front Bumpers install question

holy_crap

I will be installing this bumper very soon, I wanted to know from those that installed it what is the process to relocate the vacuum pump. The directions from ARB are not very clear on this. The bumper comes with a relocation bracket, unfortunately the instructions kind of suck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've installed an ARB front bumper on my old 2009 and thought I could be of help but, back then, there was no vacuum pump to relocate. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help but, I really doubt you'll have too much trouble figuring it out once you have things taken apart.

jmatta33

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418917808.512654.jpg

from the picture it looks like it mounts under the driver side frame rail...? I would take the bracket and see if you can match it up with some existing holes.

jmatta33

just looked at frame on my Jeep. I'm pretty sure the bracket should go between the frame and the swaybar mounting bracket. with the vacuum being mounted in front of the swaybar. Im basing all of this off the picture of the bumper listed on quadratec's website of the bumper with the relocation kit. hopefully it helps...

miamidiver

I will be installing this bumper very soon, I wanted to know from those that installed it what is the process to relocate the vacuum pump. The directions from ARB are not very clear on this. The bumper comes with a relocation bracket, unfortunately the instructions kind of suck.

I did not have to move the vacuum pump on my 2014.

holy_crap

Thank you all for your responses. I will be tackling this in the next couple of weekends along with my lift install. Miamidiver, were you able to install a winch without relocating the vacuum pump?

Top Bottom