Changing the thermostat

Brankz

So I'm about to change the thermostat but before I need help in few tips what thermostat do I need, I need gasket or RTB and where's the thermostat I think is in the upper radiator hose but I'm not sure and by the looks of this pics do I need to change my thermostat?
I found that my coolant looks like this lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418933626.656452.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418933634.786015.jpg
No oil but is just dirty
I'm using this coolant
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418933666.467398.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
how many miles, is your jeep running hot, yes - that fluid looks pretty dirty

I'd change the fluid and see if that takes care of it unless you're experiencing other issue. Both hoses should feel warm when you touch them - I'm talking about radiator hoses so get your brain out of the gutter :doh:

Thermostat uses RTV, easy to replace just use stock temperature rating.

Edit - you have a 2008, it may have a gasket - you work in a place with parts access, look it up! :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

Brankz

how many miles, is your jeep running hot, yes - that fluid looks pretty dirty

I'd change the fluid and see if that takes care of it unless you're experiencing other issue. Both hoses should feel warm when you touch them - I'm talking about radiator hoses so get your brain out of the gutter :doh:

Thermostat uses RTV, easy to replace just use stock temperature rating.

Edit - you have a 2008, it may have a gasket - you work in a place with parts access, look it up! :crazyeyes:

Lol just got the thermostat and gasket for 3.99 lol..... The only good thing about working at this auto shop is discounts.,.,
But I will only work there for 4 more weeks 👍🍺

Top Bottom