Bell Mountain GA, Dec 2014

Ratchet

Headed up to Hiawasee, for the Bell Mountain Trail. Short trail, but some fun ruts, and a fantastic view from the top.

This time we had more Jeeps. A TJ, a Rubicon, and THardy's JK.

Great time, but Colin's TJ suffered some damage/malfunction to his passenger front brake. Caliper kept locking up, burning it up pretty badly, and causing some steering issues. We had intentions of heading over to Charlie's Creek, but we ended up having to pause. We removed the wheel, tried to get to stay loose, but pretty much any pressure on the brakes caused it to lock up again. In the midst of this, a group of local teenagers came down from the trailer, with a TJ, YJ, XJ, and of all things, a Toyota Tacoma. Fun group of kids, really friendly and polite. Couldn't get them to stop drooling over the Rubicon, though.

We all had things to get back to, and with the TJ hurting, we decided to call it a day. That's enough babbling. Now for some pictures!

014.jpg
028.jpg
031.jpg
019.jpg
050.jpg
057.jpg
054.jpg
058.jpg
109.jpg
100.jpg

thardy

Banned
Had a great time out there today. Wish we could have spent some time on the other trail but things break. I want to head up there again soon.

thardy

Banned
It's definitely short. It's got some difficulty to certain areas but when you combine it with other trails in the area it makes for a decent day.

Grubbicon

Tread Lightly man.

It is off trail riding that will get what little public land access we have in Georgia shut down.
I would like to say that get it but all this GA trail riding bullshit is stupid. We all know I'm not the only one to do that.

OscarMike2.0

I would like to say that get it but all this GA trail riding bullshit is stupid. We all know I'm not the only one to do that.

I completely agree. I find it pretty funny that tcdawg who is a staff member of gatrailriders is a member on here considering his club talks shit about wayalife. I was on one of there rides recently and one of there head staff members "Doug" told me how Eddie is a POS and all this other slander.. I don't ever plan to ride with those clowns again.

thardy

Banned
Is Bell Mountain still open? When are they supposed to start paving it up and closing it down?

As far as I know it was open as of last weekend. I have only heard rumors of them shutting it down, haven't seen anything official on it.

bsimon187

As far as I know it was open as of last weekend. I have only heard rumors of them shutting it down, haven't seen anything official on it.

I hope it does not.. Last time we were up there, we talked to a guy that was with some govt. department(forget what he said), he was hang gliding off of the top, and told us that it was in the works to close it down due to the latest incident and others before it.

As a group from SC we go up to Bell and then over to Charlies Creek for a good day ride and family fun.

thardy

Banned
I hope it does not.. Last time we were up there, we talked to a guy that was with some govt. department(forget what he said), he was hang gliding off of the top, and told us that it was in the works to close it down due to the latest incident and others before it.

As a group from SC we go up to Bell and then over to Charlies Creek for a good day ride and family fun.

Got some folks thinking of heading that way next weekend if you and your folks wanna join up.

bsimon187

Got some folks thinking of heading that way next weekend if you and your folks wanna join up.

I am still waiting on my axles to get in.. My Jeep is still down for the count. I will let the rest of the group know if they want to get a group together.

Grubbicon

Not sure yet. Originally thought of heading up to Charlies Creek but I'm open to suggestions. Hopefully Scott will have his done by then.
Hopefully I'm going to start working on this cage in a hour or two. I should have it ready to go to powder coat Monday. Maybe ill do a better job at getting Bell Mountain shut down this time:taunt:. lol

Grubbicon

I also would like to make our way up to windrock sometime next month hopefully. I think we want to take all 3 rigs this time.

thardy

Banned
I also would like to make our way up to windrock sometime next month hopefully. I think we want to take all 3 rigs this time.

I definitely want to make it to windrock but not sure when I'll be able to go. I'm also thinking a trip to Gulches sometime around April.

Grubbicon

I definitely want to make it to windrock but not sure when I'll be able to go. I'm also thinking a trip to Gulches sometime around April.

Ill go back to gulches with you. I want to go back when its gonna be dry though cause i want to tackle shipwreck

bsimon187

Ill go back to gulches with you. I want to go back when its gonna be dry though cause i want to tackle shipwreck

But shipwreck when it is wet is so much fun!! Almost went backwards going up the rock face last time we went and it was wet. I thought the guy that rode with me up shipwreck was going to have a heart attack.

Top Bottom