Lift kits

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Welcome to WOL! Please stop by and give us a wave. Also, I see that you are in VA. Take a look at the East coast thread for upcoming trips.

As for the lift, why so much and what is your budget?

AcB-jk

Thank you and will do but I like the clearance with the 4 and possibly going to 37's later but budget wise looking under 4000 would be nice

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm getting a 6 inch rough country lift and putting on 37's. I know with my lift I'm going to need to replace my front drive shaft and change the gearing to compensate.

Six inches is a lot of lift for 37s
1419106295879.jpg
WOL is running 40s on his rig Moby with only 3.5" of lift. Also, welcome to WOL.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Thank you and will do but I like the clearance with the 4 and possibly going to 37's later but budget wise looking under 4000 would be nice

With a 4k budget I would suggest the EVO enforcer with your choice of shocks. If you want $200 more can get you the bolt on coil overs. Which are adjustable from 3"-5" .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Six inches is a lot of lift for 37s

WOL is running 40s on his rig Moby with only 3.5" of lift. Also, welcome to WOL.

That's what I was thinking. 4" is a crazy tall lift for just 35's. I would go with this guys advice ^^^

noroad

I'm getting a 6 inch rough country lift and putting on 37's. I know with my lift I'm going to need to replace my front drive shaft and change the gearing to compensate. View attachment 115683

So your going from then EVO DTD to rough country???? Also to the OP I have a 4.5inch lift with 37s and there is still a ton of room, you might want to look into a 3 or 3.5 inch lift. I say the 3's because every guy says im only going 35s and ends up wanting 37s, just make sure you leave room in the future to upgrade if wanted.

Dirt Foot

I totally agree. 6" is too much lift. 4" max for 37's. We just gained 4" of lift with the evo 3" kit up front. Couldn't imagine what a 6" would do

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree. 6" is too much lift. 4" max for 37's. We just gained 4" of lift with the evo 3" kit up front. Couldn't imagine what a 6" would do

Well, in all fairness, 6" was way cool back in the 1980's. Back then, nothing said gnarly more than a nosebleed lift, red suspension components and matching shock boots. :crazyeyes:

Armydog

Well, in all fairness, 6" was way cool back in the 1980's. Back then, nothing said gnarly more than a nosebleed lift, red suspension components and matching shock boots. :crazyeyes:

Hey, I have matching shock boots on the pumpkin.

AcB-jk

After reevaluating the money situation what lift would be the best to run 35's as a daily drive but adjustable to run 37's in the trail? Only looking at Evo stuff because well after looking at those coilovers a few times I fell in love.

JKWrang

So your going from then EVO DTD to rough country???? Also to the OP I have a 4.5inch lift with 37s and there is still a ton of room, you might want to look into a 3 or 3.5 inch lift. I say the 3's because every guy says im only going 35s and ends up wanting 37s, just make sure you leave room in the future to upgrade if wanted.

This.

Everyone says " ill just run 33s. I mean 35s. Ohhhh 37s!!! 40s????"

True story. I said it too

Top Bottom