33inch Spare on stock tire carrier

theleesullivan

I am getting my spare (18 monster XD with 275/70r18) and putting it on my stock tire carrier until I can get an aftermarket tire carrier (probably a couple of months) I need to know anything that I can do to prevent wear on the hinges and if I NEED TO GET A SPARE BREAK LIGHT EXTENSION? Or does it slide up a little? Or is there a DIY mod to make it stick above the tire? Thanks

Ive got a 295/70-17 on mine. Fits perfectly. Mines on factory wheel though so youll wanna sure it stays snug against the tire backstops.

jeeeep

Hooked
I am getting my spare (18 monster XD with 275/70r18) and putting it on my stock tire carrier until I can get an aftermarket tire carrier (probably a couple of months) I need to know anything that I can do to prevent wear on the hinges and if I NEED TO GET A SPARE BREAK LIGHT EXTENSION? Or does it slide up a little? Or is there a DIY mod to make it stick above the tire? Thanks

just make sure the spare fits flat against the carrier and the tire bumps are snug - you may look at the Daystar bumps.

I've had a 315/70r17 mounted on mine for the last 4yrs and 108k miles later still no issues, no brake light extension needed.

rosst192

Yeah I run a heavy khumo 35 on mine and have done some rougher trails with it, no issues. I also don't have bumps due too a diamond plate tailgate cover, yes I live life dangerously. Lol

jknikos

It will hold just fine. Just check how the wheel fits without a spacer and if it rubs a lot, then add the spacer. The closer the wheel is in the gate the less stress oti puts to it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned a 33 will fit perfectly on the stock carrier. just make sure that the tire sits firmly agaisnt the tailgate bump stops to prevent it from jiggling and it will last a very long time.

Top Bottom