Need some help deciding

tommybahama

Alright yall, I have an 08 2dr mostly stock. This being my second jeep I want to do it better but I am on a budget since I have a baby on the way. With that being said a friend of mine helped me out and gave me his 2.5/3 inch springs he was running on his jku, when he upgraded his suspension. We installed them along with the front end shock extenders on my jk. Now it rides a little rough cause we all know extenders suck. I am debating to wait and purchase a full 4in short arm kit from rough country or just buy their shocks and track bar relocator as a cheaper alternative. Plus I could do that sooner and then save for 33s. What do yall think?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Shock extenders do nothing to your ride quality. The shitty rough country coils are what makes your jeep ride rough.

jknikos

Either way i wouldnt reccomend rough country... They have the worst shocks ever...:naw: Even when its new its bad, and after i singler light wheel trip it will leak. Keep the springs you have got for free and buy some quality shock. I would reccomend fox 2.0 shocks. Its not super expensive and its extremely good for me. Also 4in of lift is way too much unless you run 37s. :D

trailless

Caught the Bug
If you have all the parts to run a 3" lift, why not get the evo plush rides? I've only heard good things about them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
My suggestion is to locate some 4door Rubicon springs and shocks (I think members Panda and Crippledpeete are giving theirs away for free and are on your side of the US). Ride quailty is 100% subjective, but I will say that my pregnant wife loves the ride quality of our 14 Rubi compared to our old 09 sport.

tommybahama

Well ill be honest not sure what else i would need to be complete with a 3in lift. Other than good shocks track bar relocator and a good solid steering stabalizer.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well ill be honest not sure what else i would need to be complete with a 3in lift. Other than good shocks track bar relocator and a good solid steering stabalizer.

Are you looking at a 3" lift just because you want 33s? Or because you already have the necessary parts?

tommybahama

I bought it and it already had 255 70 17s so roughly 32s but yes im currently running 3in springs everything else is stock just have shock extenders in the front

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

here is a good place to start. this will help you with everything you need for a lift over 3" and other general knowledge.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

as overlander said shock extension DO NOT effect ride quality. your ride quality changed because of the stiff coils your running. also when you lift you dont need to change your SS. the stock one is plenty good with 35's and even 37's. hell if your steering geometry is in spec you can drive without a stabilizer

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I bought it and it already had 255 70 17s so roughly 32s but yes im currently running 3in springs everything else is stock just have shock extenders in the front

Ok. Well if you can I suggest you wait and save up for a new and complete lift. Take a look a Rancho as they are on the affordable side and do not sag as Rough Country tenda too. Plus you can get their 9000s and really fine tune your ride quailty. And as a final point, you can run big tires with a small lift. My buddy is running and 315/70/17 with only an advertised 3" lift. 1419255080704.jpg
He is the two door on the left.

tommybahama

Thanks Mr. Ty and the rest of the guys that offered input like i said at the beginning im not new to the jeep world just didnt put the first lift on myself so piecing it together is a little different.

Top Bottom