Engine code P0430

BumblebeeZA

Hi guys

I got a engine light with code P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (bank 2)
My Jk is booked in for a service on 5 January 2015, is it ok for me to drive with the engine light on with this error code and wait for the dealer to reset it then?

thardy

Banned
Hi guys

I got a engine light with code P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (bank 2)
My Jk is booked in for a service on 5 January 2015, is it ok for me to drive with the engine light on with this error code and wait for the dealer to reset it then?

That's definitely a tricky code. It typically means bad catalytic converter, but could be O2 sensors, or another issue that caused the cats to fail. How many miles are on your Jeep?

BumblebeeZA

78000km's (48500miles)

My jeep just pop up the error today, no signs of anything, just the light and chime. Still drives 100%

thardy

Banned
I did the 3 turn key trick and thats the only code.

I would get an actual scan on it just to make sure. I always get nervous when my check engine light comes on, so ultimately, I would suggest taking it by the dealer just to make sure.

Charlie Mike

I did the 3 turn key trick and thats the only code.

Good idea to get an actual scan tool. I threw a Check Engine Light recently and wasn't able to see the codes with the 3 turn key trick. I had 2 codes the Jeep wouldn't show me until I got a scan tool.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon. Good luck!

BumblebeeZA

I just got back from the dealer, they plugged the scan tool in, and its not picking up my system?????
They say it connects but no details pop up.... NOTHING! They cannot reset it or anything.

They asked if there is a piggy back comp in, I said no, all standard.

What could be wrong here? Connection somewhere maybe?

CJBrian

I had 0430 code on my LJ. I was caused by a cracked manifold sucking in air. I ignored it thinking no big deal but it ended up burning out the cat and ruining it. Was expensive repair. Double check for cracked manifold or loose connection before the cat on the passenger side.

Top Bottom