Bestop wrap around windjammer on a JKU?

kgw350

I don't know who's this is, but I saved the pic because I liked it so much. I can't wait till my top goes bad so I can get one.

View attachment 115935

Thank you, that's my old 4dr
I used a mopar sun bonnet, duster deck cover and a 2dr wraparound. I had a buddy who owns an upholstery shop modify it. I also added top props.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I like it. Especially if the window part can go on quick.

Edit. Looked a little further, looks like you have to modify it to get that effect. Like the one above.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
After looking at it more yesterday I decided to order one up and try it out. :yup:

$135 on Amazon.

kgw350

Here are some more pictures to help you out if you decide to go that route. on the windjammer I cut off the bottom part of the fabric and sewed it on the top and added straps to pull it tight. I also removed the channel clip and added a zipper to connect to the deck cover. The older door surroundings worked nice because the bikini clipped in just like the soft top.

1419395668256.jpg 1419395679148.jpg 1419395692292.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Test fitted it today.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424132399.253229.jpg

Should be nice and toasty in the back seat for those early morning starts.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424132432.591046.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
That looks really good! I've been wanting to do this. Do you think it will work without the roll bar padding?

Sure. The top doesn't connect as is. I plan to either 1) get a channel and rig it to the roll bar or 2) cut a slit in the plastic header part and run some velcro straps around the roll bar. Either way, it is not a perfect seal. Regardless the padding shouldn't make a difference.

SFNick

Sure. The top doesn't connect as is. I plan to either 1) get a channel and rig it to the roll bar or 2) cut a slit in the plastic header part and run some velcro straps around the roll bar. Either way, it is not a perfect seal. Regardless the padding shouldn't make a difference.

I didn't think about the top not being able to strap down threw the wraparound. The reason I ask about the padding my Best top safari tops straps are too long and want fasten down tight enough to keep it from flapping. Thanks for the info

Rusty

MTG, from my experience last year.

I don't know if you'll be using a bikini top with it, but you should also get the bestop door surrounds to get the bars that hold up the bikini so water doesn't pool. I ruined my first bikini that way because it stretched the stitching in the middle hence water leaking into the cab above the driver.. (not very fun). Took me a while to find the solution to problem. I now have a new top and halfway through the summer, I bought the bestop kit and it comes with the top bars that come with their soft tops.

Hope I save you a leaky roof.

MTG

Caught the Bug
MTG, from my experience last year.

I don't know if you'll be using a bikini top with it, but you should also get the bestop door surrounds to get the bars that hold up the bikini so water doesn't pool. I ruined my first bikini that way because it stretched the stitching in the middle hence water leaking into the cab above the driver.. (not very fun). Took me a while to find the solution to problem. I now have a new top and halfway through the summer, I bought the bestop kit and it comes with the top bars that come with their soft tops.

Hope I save you a leaky roof.

Thanks. I have factory door sourounds for my soft top. I also have a Bestop bikini top that I haven't been able to get to work well,, maybe I'll try it with the surounds. Luckily I don't have to worry about rain much here in N. Nevada...at least not in the summer.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Looks good. I hope you work out the kinks. Another future project for me.

A few more years working for the "company" and I can move home where I have more storage and tools. Then I can play more. My wife just said we need to move back to Tucson for a year before going home to OK. This would be great there.

MTG

Caught the Bug
There is also a top made by Offroad Heros which looks pretty dang cool!

It's nice. It's expensive. It will not work with the PSC C-Pillar reinforcements that I have installed. It's a crapshoot whether or not you will actually receive your product if you order one and pay for it....at least according to what I've read online. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom