Rigid Dually switch mount locations

Wethy

hey there wayalifers!

i will be installing a set of rigid duallys after christmas and everything settles down. what i was wondering has anyone mounted there switch where the second outlet goes on the dash below the heater controls? i purchased mine without all the amenities so i just have the purse hook. im wondering if anyone has done this because im curious how you filled the gap around the switch if you have. im not all about cutting my dash for one switch and i dont feel like getting an A-piller switch mount for one switch either. i have attached a couple pictures so you get an idea of what im talking about. and if anyone has advice on how to fill the gap(i do have some ideas) feel free to chime in! :beer:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg

Omar Brannstrom

From Sweden and I did not really fully understand your text.

Anyway, I have the Dually D2 and the harness and switch that comes with. Dont You have the harness and switch

I installed the switch with a rubber grommet in this existing hole at the A-pilar and I did not have to drill anything.

145471049.jpg

145471030.jpg

145470960.jpg

Wethy

I di have the harness and switch. Just using a different switch because im not a fan of one red light in an all green dash. So i bought a new switch with green back lights for them. I was just curious if anyone had installed a switch in this spot and if so how they filled the gaps around it to make it look nice and tidy

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I di have the harness and switch. Just using a different switch because im not a fan of one red light in an all green dash. So i bought a new switch with green back lights for them. I was just curious if anyone had installed a switch in this spot and if so how they filled the gaps around it to make it look nice and tidy

i actually use to use the spot for my cb when i had the cobra 75 lol. if you like it then im sure you can make it work. if you plan on adding more lights or stuff later maybe take a look at an A pillar switch panel. it can hold up to 4 switches and its easier to run wires to.

Wethy

Thats what i was thinking its easy to use wouldnt have to cut it and down the line if i need to i just move the switch and pyt the clip back in. Wellll.... guess ill be the first to try it then!

DESERTDAD

Where can we find a switch to match the hazard or traction control buttons?
Seems like they left those spots blank for a reason?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You can also look into the Daystar lower switch panel. They sell a kit with and without the switches.

Wethy

Where can we find a switch to match the hazard or traction control buttons?
Seems like they left those spots blank for a reason?

i wish! i thought about hacking it apart but realized id have to cut the dash still. also i believe they're options on other models, i think the on/of switch for the auxillery outlet is in there as well as heated seats and Hill descent control if you have an auto there is a video on youtube where a guy takes it apart and puts a push button switch behind the oem panel and it does look nice but i've never seen anything come of that video. would be nice if mopar offered switches for those places though

2k13jk

I mounted my switches right above the cup holders in that blank space i have 5 switches there 2 for lights 2 for heated seats 1 for esp and abs kill swictch

Wethy

I mounted my switches right above the cup holders in that blank space i have 5 switches there 2 for lights 2 for heated seats 1 for esp and abs kill swictch

as in above the e-brake? if so i'd do it if i had more than one switch. also for lights since i drive a manual(not sure about your jeep) but i feel like itd be kind of in an awkward spot for me to reach if i wanna quickly turn it on/off while shifting. i do live in the country side so i will be using them during my night drives as out roads are not often travelled at night and there are long straight stretches where the extra light would come in handy. hece why i thought the spot where the hanger was is a good enough spot. also dont feel like ripping the center console apart to get the wiring in.... thats just lazy-ness on my part! :cheesy:

Top Bottom