Is this a good deal for a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock 2 DR

Swosanity

I am trying to join the wayalife family

I am looking at this deal and the price keeps dropping. I was hoping to buy at the end of the month. Invoice supposedly is 37K.

Do you think I can get this lower and is this a good price?

MSRP 39,880
Dealer is asking now 33,900

2015 Rubicon Hard Rock

Firecracker Red

Included Packages
Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
Hill Descent Control
Tip Start
Radio: Uconnect 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
6.5" Touch Screen Display
Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
GPS Navigation
Remote USB Port
SIRIUSXM Travel Link
40GB Hard Drive w/28GB Available
5-Year SIRIUSXM Travel Link Service
Trailer Tow Group
Trailer Tow w/4-Pin Connector Wiring

24J package

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's not fantastic but it certainly isn't bad. I have seen 2-door Sports sell for about $29K and what you're looking at comes with a lot more bells and whistles. At $33k, I would definitely consider it.

Swosanity

Hmmmm, so I still have some play perhaps in getting them lower.

Maybe I will hit them up on Friday and see if I can get them to bite.

Their last offer to me was 35,300 and I left the lot. This new price was posted on their web site.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hmmmm, so I still have some play perhaps in getting them lower.

Maybe I will hit them up on Friday and see if I can get them to bite.

Their last offer to me was 35,300 and I left the lot. This new price was posted on their web site.

what dealer is it if you dont mind me asking? if its the one im thinking of in the philly area then you still have wiggle room to work with them.

Swosanity

Actually I am from North Philly but reside elsewhere. I am three states south of you now near the epicenter of all military affairs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, 3.73 is standard and 4.10's are optional. The nice thing about the 4.10's is that you can run 35's right from the get go and not feel any significant power loss. But still, I would take it at that price.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, 3.73 is standard and 4.10's are optional. The nice thing about the 4.10's is that you can run 35's right from the get go and not feel any significant power loss. But still, I would take it at that price.

So with the 3.73's running 33's would be more livable than 35's even using a programmer as well?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You'd still need to calibrate your speedometer but, with a 3.6L motor, you wouldn't even feel a difference running 33's.

How's about the 3.8L saying if someone had that older model engine?

I actually drove a 3.6L with a Mopar lift and 33's WITH 3.21's and was shockingly impressed with the power it had.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How's about the 3.8L saying if someone had that older model engine?

I actually drove a 3.6L with a Mopar lift and 33's WITH 3.21's and was shockingly impressed with the power it had.

What I can tell you is that I used to have a 2009 JKU X running 3.73's with a 3.8L motor and I tested it out with a set of 35's and found that it wasn't bad. Nothing to write home about but, I could live with it. I also tried running it with 37's and found it was doable but, it really left me wanting to re-gear. If you're just going to run 33's, I think you could get by with 3.73's.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What I can tell you is that I used to have a 2009 JKU X running 3.73's with a 3.8L motor and I tested it out with a set of 35's and found that it wasn't bad. Nothing to write home about but, I could live with it. I also tried running it with 37's and found it was doable but, it really left me wanting to re-gear. If you're just going to run 33's, I think you could get by with 3.73's.

Thanks again!

Swosanity

This is my thinking as well. Albeit I would rather have the 4.10 gears this deal seems too good to pass up. :thinking:

Appreciate all the comments, definitely helpful. Thank you all.

Wardell

This is my thinking as well. Albeit I would rather have the 4.10 gears this deal seems too good to pass up. :thinking:

Appreciate all the comments, definitely helpful. Thank you all.

Maybe you could try to get them to throw in a regearing as part of the deal? Even if they can't though, that's such a good deal that you shouldn't worry too much about paying for it out of pocket, and it's not like you would need to regear right away either.

Coming from someone who owns a JKURX, there are a lot of good things in the package like the bumpers, rock rails, vented hood, etc that make it a pretty good value compared to buying a normal Rubicon and getting all that stuff yourself later on. And for this price, you're basically getting all that for free. If you're happy with it, I say buy it.

Swosanity

Maybe you could try to get them to throw in a regearing as part of the deal? Even if they can't though, that's such a good deal that you shouldn't worry too much about paying for it out of pocket, and it's not like you would need to regear right away either.

Coming from someone who owns a JKURX, there are a lot of good things in the package like the bumpers, rock rails, vented hood, etc that make it a pretty good value compared to buying a normal Rubicon and getting all that stuff yourself later on. And for this price, you're basically getting all that for free. If you're happy with it, I say buy it.

Appreciate your insight. I did in fact ask that very same question about regearing and they said that it is only done at the plant. Makes sense but hell had to ask.

Also this comes with premium soft top only so not having it wired for the wiper and washer in the back was also a consideration to down check this deal. I am not sure if it is a deal breaker for me.

Bacon

The wiring should still be there. Open the tailgate and window then lift up the carpet around the roll bar on the left. The wiring will most likely be under there. It's much cheaper for Jeep to have one wiring harness for every Jeep and just leave some connections empty than it is to have different wiring packages for each little option.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd try to get them down another $2000, they seem anxious to clear the lot before the end of year.

I plan to go shopping a new Jeep over the weekend and see what happens. :thumb:

Wardell

Appreciate your insight. I did in fact ask that very same question about regearing and they said that it is only done at the plant. Makes sense but hell had to ask.

Also this comes with premium soft top only so not having it wired for the wiper and washer in the back was also a consideration to down check this deal. I am not sure if it is a deal breaker for me.

OK. Some of the larger dealers also have their own shop so they can install after market products when you first buy the Jeep, so it was worth asking. Sounds like this one doesn't.

I'm pretty sure you can order the wiring harness for the rear wiper from MOPAR and hook it up yourself, but someone else might be able to confirm that.

Edit: Bacon might be right that they all come with it. You should take a look.

Top Bottom