Painting/Powdercoating EVO Tire Carrier

oGKevin

Hey y'all,

I've saved up quite a bit of money and Christmas gave me just enough to order my EVO tire carrier :D. I realized that the TC and the corners don't come powdercoated. My question is, is it really worth it to save up for the powdercoat? How much would it be? I don't want to shell out too much more money :grayno:, and I'm considering painting it with Rustoleum Satin Black. Anyone have better suggestions or opinion? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

jkuone

Hey y'all,

I've saved up quite a bit of money and Christmas gave me just enough to order my EVO tire carrier :D. I realized that the TC and the corners don't come powdercoated. My question is, is it really worth it to save up for the powdercoat? How much would it be? I don't want to shell out too much more money :grayno:, and I'm considering painting it with Rustoleum Satin Black. Anyone have better suggestions or opinion? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Personally I would just use some good self etching primer and the Rustoleum paint you mentioned.
Congrats on the carrier....

jmatta33

Personally I would just use some good self etching primer and the Rustoleum paint you mentioned.
Congrats on the carrier....

this. powder coating is more expensive and when/if you scratch it, it will be much easier to repair with a rattle can. im doing all my armor in a flat black rattle can paint from lowes. You can literally buy can buy the dozen there.

Jeep10

Paint/Powder Coat

I am with them. Personally, I have not seen Powder Coat really hold up any better than go ole paint. If the part is used, I get the worst of the crap off and shoot it with Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer and then what ever color you like...everything can be found at Lowes. New stuff, after scuffing the surface, only requires Rust-Oleum paint or if bare metal, would suggest primer first. The key is to have things clean, meaning use mineral spirits or some other good safe chemical to remove all oil fine dirt...even finger print oils.

Looks like I just figured out where to mount my hi-lift jack after I get my EVO tire carrier, this looks very good!

Thanks but I stole the idea from crippledpetey lol. I do love the way it looks. I'm also adding a shovel and axe mount to the hi-lift from jeepswag.com.

oGKevin

Wow - Thanks for all the responses guys. Definitely saved me quite a bit of money. I've heard Rustoleum Self-Etching primer and Rustoleum Flat black? My fenders are powdercoated, and the Fascia is going to come powdercoated as well. I'd like to match that as best as possible.

Panda

Wow - Thanks for all the responses guys. Definitely saved me quite a bit of money. I've heard Rustoleum Self-Etching primer and Rustoleum Flat black? My fenders are powdercoated, and the Fascia is going to come powdercoated as well. I'd like to match that as best as possible.

Satin black will be to shiny to match evo powder coat flat black will be a better match :yup:

JaySC

This is what I use and it's been pretty great so far.

Attachments

• 10882375_10152894296340211_718804512135151304_n.jpg
    10882375_10152894296340211_718804512135151304_n.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 172
Top Bottom