Need rear suspension opinions

shoeless

Good Morning, I am seeking opinions on my next mod. I recently installed EVO Rock stars on my 2014 JKUR with 2.5 Teraflex coil lift with King shocks. I now only have 3" of exposed shock shaft showing so I was going to install the Synergy upper shock bracket and sway bar relocate but it states I need to mod the exhaust. Who has done this and what exhaust did you run?. I would rather keep the exhaust routing as stock and quiet as possible. if I just change my bump stops I would lose an lot of up travel. What should I do? Thanks in advance.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before you go spending money on things you may not need, how much space is between your bump stop extensions and the yellow jounce pads?

shoeless

I have 2" between extension and the yellow pad and total of 4" between extension and metal cup. So I will bottom out the shock before completely compressing the yellow pad.....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2" between extension and the yellow pad and total of 4" between extension and metal cup. So I will bottom out the shock before completely compressing the yellow pad.....

In theory, you are correct but the reality often is that your jounce pad will only compress about an inch in "most" cases (super hard hits excluded) and you should be fine. If it were me, I would just try running things as is and then spend money on parts IF you determine that you in fact really need them. But hey, that's just me.

Top Bottom