Air Compressor

kfd78

Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past (which I'm sure it has). If so, perhaps someone could point me to the right place. I am new to the forum. I spend a ton of time on the Cape Cod ,Ma beaches and obviously air down. I would like to get a compressor so I don't have to wait in long a%$ lines to air up and also have something for inflating rafts, air mattresses, etc. That said...cheap hand held compressor OR a more expensive onboard compressor? Saw Quadratech had an ARB compressor for $275. It would run lockers (which I don't have or know if I will need). Thoughts?

Adam

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
33's right now. Its my daily driver so don't see going bigger than 35's eventually.

Adam

Ive got the high output ARB compressor for my 32s 1419633184433.jpg
Mounted beneath my passenger seat for now. Fills up a tire in about a minute and a half. This is a great little compressor that I plan on using for lockers once my stock ones go.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The single arb compressor is a great unit for filling up 35 and under size tires. So it's nice because you can run air lockers off it as well. If you plan on going with bigger tires I would look into the dual arb compressor as it can handle more.

Now an alternate option to think about as well is the warn powerplant. Now it's a hefty amount of money but you get a heavy duty compressor and the best winch on the market all in one. You kill two birds with one stone. Then you can get a small arb compressor for the lockers.

chipper

Ive got the high output ARB compressor for my 32s View attachment 116462
Mounted beneath my passenger seat for now. Fills up a tire in about a minute and a half. This is a great little compressor that I plan on using for lockers once my stock ones go.

Is there a write up on how to mount the unit under the seat or some where else , I've been looking at this compressor. To use for airing up tires, rafts...( no lockers yet) Were you able to mount this with no wires showing or does it plug in .or really even able to tell if it's there.for the price it seems to be the best option. I've looked into other units but they look to be just emergency units, not meant to be used all the time.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Is there a write up on how to mount the unit under the seat or some where else , I've been looking at this compressor. To use for airing up tires, rafts...( no lockers yet) Were you able to mount this with no wires showing or does it plug in .or really even able to tell if it's there.for the price it seems to be the best option. I've looked into other units but they look to be just emergency units, not meant to be used all the time.

I dont have a write up, but I do have pictures that Ill dig up for you later tonight. Its nothing special, just used a bracket that the wiring for the airbag sensor it attached too.

Duds0311

I have an xj but run a viair 200psi constant duty cycle compressor. I have 35's and its pretty quick when the tank is full. so far im happy with my investment.

Clark Collins

I've had an inexpensive MV50 air compressor for several years now and it has worked great. I even aired up 8 35s one day with it. You can get one on Amazon for less than $60. I mounted it in the back where it is out of the way and the self coiling hose will reach all four wheels from there. I wired it direct to the battery with a 30 amp inline fuse.

DSCF1866 (800x450).jpg

Wardell

Eddie did a really good write up of how to install the ARB high output compressor in the engine bay:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8136-ARB-High-Output-On-Board-Air-Compressor-Under-the-Hood-JK-Installation-Write-Up

Some pics in this thread of it under a passenger seat:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?20116-ARB-Compressor-Mounting-on-a-12

And this one talks about the ARB dual compressor in both locations:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13765-ARB-Twin-Compressor-under-seat-mounting-questions

And one more option for the dual, beside the battery in a dual battery mounting bracket:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2995-ARB-Twin-air-compressor

I'm planning on getting the ARB dual compressor above the brake cylinder with the MORE bracket myself. Still looking for a good place in the engine bay to mount a one gallon air tank though.

kfd78

Thanks for all the input guys. I am probable going with the ARB and mount it in the engine compartment. I thing the dual compressor is a little too much for me right now. Right now looking to refill tires after a day at the beach or trail and possibly lockers in the future. If I go up to 37's I deal with it then. Like most of you guys I have so many mods I want to do but the money doesn't even out lol. Trying to do mods that will benefit me the most right now.

Adam

Top Bottom