Quick questions, error/warning lights

BumblebeeZA

Hi guys, I have a 2009 JKU 3.8 Rubicon A/T (78000km's / 48000miles).
My ABS, ESP/BAS and TC lights come on sometimes when I reverse and turn, this doesnt happen all the time though and when it happens it doesnt always go off, only once I switch my Jeep of and back on then its back to normal.
Second, as per my previous post/thread, my Engine light came on and though a P0430 code (p0430 - catalyst efficiency (bank 2) ) my Jeep drives as if nothing is wrong.
Today I disconnected the battery and the light doesnt come on anymore, is this normal?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Disconnecting your battery will reset your computer and assuming your problems are still there, your lights will come back on again.

Having said that, your dash lights tell me that your steering wheel is off center just a bit causing your Jeep to think you are in a slide or that you have a speed sensor going bad.

Regarding your code, sounds like you might have a cracked exhaust manifold (common problem with the 3.8L) or some kind of leak somewhere.

BumblebeeZA

Disconnecting your battery will reset your computer and assuming your problems are still there, your lights will come back on again.

Having said that, your dash lights tell me that your steering wheel is off center just a bit causing your Jeep to think you are in a slide or that you have a speed sensor going bad.

Regarding your code, sounds like you might have a cracked exhaust manifold (common problem with the 3.8L) or some kind of leak somewhere.

Thanks ;)

Luckily its still under warranty and going in on the 5th of January, so all issues will get sorted. I just dont want to drive around thinking theres major fault, would you say its safe to drive till then?
What other symptoms would I notice with a cracked manifold?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks ;)

Luckily its still under warranty and going in on the 5th of January, so all issues will get sorted. I just dont want to drive around thinking theres major fault, would you say its safe to drive till then?
What other symptoms would I notice with a cracked manifold?

Oh yeah, you'll be fine driving your Jeep around and without any worries. Other symptoms of a crack manifold is that you can hear a "pssst, pssst, pssst" kind of sound coming from your engine when it's cold.

BumblebeeZA

Oh yeah, you'll be fine driving your Jeep around and without any worries. Other symptoms of a crack manifold is that you can hear a "pssst, pssst, pssst" kind of sound coming from your engine when it's cold.

I here a quick psst sound when I switch off with the hood open.

Last edited:
Top Bottom