Soft top question

egralia

Question: I have an 08 JKU. Is it normal for the soft top to bow up at highway speed? I could fit three fingers between the header and the fabric. I'm just asking because I don't want the top to fly off.

Wethy

Question: I have an 08 JKU. Is it normal for the soft top to bow up at highway speed? I could fit three fingers between the header and the fabric. I'm just asking because I don't want the top to fly off.

i dont know about others experiences but on my '14 when going down the highway with my fan on 1-2 notches above off, the fabric sits maybe an inch off the header, and has since i bought it 6 months ago... others may have different experiences than mine though so im guessing its normal to an extent, plus when you latch the soft top it stretches tight so be a tight fit i believe

note: i have the fan/heat on 1-2 notches to help prevent some of the buffeting/flapping of the soft top while driving on the highway.

JKMag

As already posted, Yep this is normal. If you open one of your windows you should notice the fabric come back down as you create a vacuum within your cabin, the reason for this is the Aerodynamics of our square boxes we drive down the road. Basically, as the wind passes over your windshield it creates lift on the roof of our vehicles which pulls your soft top up.

Ive had 2 Wranglers both with soft tops and they both did exactly what you see, I thought the same thing as you when I first noticed it thinking it would pull the top right off. The soft top is designed with this in mind, what really scared me was when I used the Sunrider option and saw the header flopping around behind my head.

..now I want summer back so I can put my soft top back on...

Top Bottom