Springs and actual ride height

AncientTrail

Hello all, can anyone educate me on springs?

I've found that some vendors claim that a 3.5" lift could actually be higher like 4". I'm looking for an actual 3.5" lift spring for my 2012 JKU Rubicon with under armor, Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers, front winch. I have Fox 2.5 Internal Bypass shocks. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-factor lift with their new triple rate springs ( soft ) 35's and flat fenders.

Also, where do you measure for actual ride height ( frame ) and what is the stock height?

Sorry if this has been covered in another thread.

Thanks guys!

gleno99

I've found that some vendors claim that a 3.5" lift could actually be higher like 4". I'm looking for an actual 3.5" lift spring for my 2012 JKU Rubicon with under armor, Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers, front winch. I have Fox 2.5 Internal Bypass shocks. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-factor lift with their new triple rate springs ( soft ) 35's and flat fenders.

Also, where do you measure for actual ride height ( frame ) and what is the stock height?

Thanks guys!

The 3.5" lift would be with heavy bumpers, winch, and armor. So with less weight obviously it would sit a little higher.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks guys!

Truth be told, MOST springs yield way more lift than what is advertised. Some claim that this is done on purpose so that they can accommodate things like bumpers and armor but I have found even with that, most still sit on the high side. The only coils that I know of to give a more exact measurement are EVO Plush Ride coils but, they are only offered in a true 3" height and not a 3.5".

As far as where to measure from goes, this diagram should help:

attachment.php

AncientTrail

Truth be told, MOST springs yield way more lift than what is advertised. Some claim that this is done on purpose so that they can accommodate things like bumpers and armor but I have found even with that, most still sit on the high side. The only coils that I know of to give a more exact measurement are EVO Plush Ride coils but, they are only offered in a true 3" height and not a 3.5".

As far as where to measure from goes, this diagram should help:

attachment.php

Eddie, you wouldn't happen to know the height and spring rate of the Plush Ride coils would you?

gleno99

Eddie, you wouldn't happen to know the height and spring rate of the Plush Ride coils would you?

I have a 4 door with 3" plush rides and I'm about 3.5" higher than stock in front. I have a stubby front bumper and winch. I have not measured the back.

chipper

I had spoke with Evo the other day. They said on the 3" coils they measure roughly 20" for front. And 17 3/8 for the rear. This is a uninstalled height.
I had called because I thought I may have accidentally received 4" coils instead of the 3". After my 3" enforcer lift install I measured an got 4" in front and 3 1/2" rear. BUT I have a total stock JKU. So no extra weight.

AncientTrail

I have a 4 door with 3" plush rides and I'm about 3.5" higher than stock in front. I have a stubby front bumper and winch. I have not measured the back.

If you could measure the back that would help a bunch. Do you feel the springs are too soft at any time? I'm also using AntiRocks in the front and rear.

:beer:

gleno99

If you could measure the back that would help a bunch. Do you feel the springs are too soft at any time? I'm also using AntiRocks in the front and rear.

:beer:

The back is between 2.5 and 2.75" taller. The ride seems a little softer than stock. But, also seems more stable. There is a curve by my house that I don't have to slow down as much after the lift and tires.

Top Bottom