2013 JK dash lights go nuts

Finn Sizzle

This is the second time this has happened to me when just driving on the highway. The first time the dash lights would all light up, get a "ding" sound and I would see the speedo and tach drop down to 0 and then come back to normal operating conditions. Happened about 5 times over about 200 mile trek and it did it all when traveling about 70. I did not loose power and the engine was still on.

The second time was today (about 3 months later) and it did the same thing again. This time the dash lit up and everything was jumping around with repetitive occurrences (like a pinball machine) and the engine felt like it was cutting out on me and then coming back. I pulled over and shut'er down and restarted and everything was fine for the rest of the 40 miles or so.

I'm gonna take it to the dealer next week but wanted to find out what it may be in advance of dropping it off.

Anyone have this happen or heard about it before?

DangerDan

What was the weather/road conditions like? Was it raining? Had it been raining? Bumper roads? Sounds like an electrical issue somewhere.

Finn Sizzle

Dry roads each time, all highway. Yes, I would agree electrical of a sort.

I checked the battery connections, even removed and reattached just to make sure all were seated.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
looks like a computer reset........must be a loose connection on the canbus. Check the main connectors......or as you mentioned take it to the dealer.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
thanks for the info

posted to the french forum......overseas we rarely get the recalls even though we do have the v6's in addition to our oil burners;)

Top Bottom