Decisions... Decisions

sitruc

Looking for inputs, I'm looking to run 37's and flat fenders. Would it be better to go with Evo Plush 3" or 4" springs? Shocks - Rancho 9000XL or 7000MT's? I know there is more that I will need but these 2 items I keep waffling back and forth on.

Thanks in advance,
sitruc

jmatta33

Looking for inputs, I'm looking to run 37's and flat fenders. Would it be better to go with Evo Plush 3" or 4" springs? Shocks - Rancho 9000XL or 7000MT's? I know there is more that I will need but these 2 items I keep waffling back and forth on.

Thanks in advance,
sitruc

3" plush rides with flat fenders is more than enough. im running 35's with crusher flares and stick lift and very minimal rubbing at full flex.

I have the 4" plush rides with 37's I go back and forth on weather I should have done 3". When fully stuffed (bump stops fully touching) I just touch the front fender liner which is fine for me. With the 3" you would probably need to add a little to your bump stops. Another thing to consider is Pinion angle verses Castor. This will probably be a little easier to dial in with the 3" coils. But 4" will be the easiest hieght with little to no rub.

When I move to Big Boy suspension I will be dialing in as low as I can.

Note: I consider my jeep pretty light, No real added weight in the rear and only minimal sag in the front from 1/4 pounder and Chinese winch.

sitruc

My original thought was 4" to help compensate for bumpers, winch, tire carrier and such. Just looking for real life experience.

JAGS

Hooked
I'd agree with Overlander here. I have the EVO 4" plush and run 37s. I don't usually run very heavy in back as my DD, but have been on three different trips now with the back pretty well loaded up. Had everything from trail tools, spares, camping gear, loaded cooler(s), luggage, passengers and all the above. While the ride may not have been as "plush" as unloaded, our recent Death Valley trip was still very comfortable hauling ass trying to keep up with Moby and piginajeep.

Sure, you'll obviously be sitting a little higher at 4" than maybe a few other folks with dialed in COs or DTDs. Unlike some other advertised lifts, the EVO coils do give you a true 4", not considerably more.

Top Bottom