Arb air leak???

JohnnyX

So when I engage my rear locker compressor stays on n I can hear air dumpin outta my diff vent hose. Has anybody had this issue n what was it? Lockers n gears have only 1364 miles on em.

With the compressor on take a spray bottle with a soapy water solution, I used dish soap. Spray an aid fitting union. The one leaking will have the bubbles. Tighten down until the bubbles are gone. I use this trick to find pin holes in air lines especially ones you cannot hear.

JohnnyX

With the compressor on take a spray bottle with a soapy water solution, I used dish soap. Spray an aid fitting union. The one leaking will have the bubbles. Tighten down until the bubbles are gone. I use this trick to find pin holes in air lines especially ones you cannot hear.

I did that too but like I said I can feel it comin outta the diff vent

LeighP

There is an internal O ring.....guy's I've known with ARB leaks that blow air out of the axle vent have had trouble with this O ring.

arb3.jpg

EZ-E

Mine did that, and yea, you've gotta pull the carrier and replace the seal housing o-ring. Another sign of that is gear oil in your ARB air line.

LeighP

Mine did that, and yea, you've gotta pull the carrier and replace the seal housing o-ring. Another sign of that is gear oil in your ARB air line.

Yep, EZ-E is right......has to be stripped down. I've also heard the "oil in the line" comment, too. Apparently, the older ARB lockers were a bit more prone to this....there was a design change some time ago, from what I understand.

Top Bottom