Factory fog light switch to run off-road lights 2012 juju rubicon

Nick Zambo

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone is running off-road lights using the factory fog light switch on a 2012 jeep jk.

I have a set of 27 watt 2500 lumens lights leds and want to rum them off the factory switch. I know the factory lights are only 24 watts. I heard the story's of lights blinking off and on or shutting down after a while or one stays on and the other shuts off because of the watts being drawn.

Please let me know if you have accomplish this, for how long and how you did it.

Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yes. You can use the switch as a trigger with a relay. Multiple people have done it. Overlanderjk and sharkey did it to his friends jeep.

Nick Zambo

So how was it done. I am not the greatest when it come to circuits? Detailed information will be needed for this guy. But once I understand stand it, I am sure I will be able to do it.

Thanks for responding

Jtmw

So how was it done. I am not the greatest when it come to circuits? Detailed information will be needed for this guy. But once I understand stand it, I am sure I will be able to do it.

Thanks for responding

Thanks for posting this question been wondering for a while

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I'm quite certain I have seen multiple people wire in the Dually D2's in to the fog light harness with nothing else and no flicker or other wizardry. The regular Dually's cause problems though. With that said, I have not done this myself.

Panda

I thought of doing this but was reminded you won't be able to use your fogs with your brights on

Nick Zambo

Yes I do understand that your brights only work without the fog lights. But the brightness of a factory high beam is only around 1500 lumens per side (that is what the engineers told me). That said from what I have read just about all led off road lights are putting out around 2500 or more lumens per side. So about 60% more lumens then high beams. I am not sure it will make much difference with the high beams on. But thank you for pointing that out.

I am just hoping to get a diagram or something.

Rccrwlr

Yes I do understand that your brights only work without the fog lights. But the brightness of a factory high beam is only around 1500 lumens per side (that is what the engineers told me). That said from what I have read just about all led off road lights are putting out around 2500 or more lumens per side. So about 60% more lumens then high beams. I am not sure it will make much difference with the high beams on. But thank you for pointing that out.

I am just hoping to get a diagram or something.

Post #18
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=22462

Top Bottom