Superchips flashpaq

DROBICON

Been reading reviews on this performance chip and ready to buy just don't know what one to buy.. Below is what I've found.

Superchips 3872 Flashpaq Tuner for Jeep Gas Engine

Superchips 3875 Flashpaq for Jeep 4.0L TJ, 3.8L JK, 4.7L, Hemi 5.7L and 5.9L

Superchips 3870 Flashpaq for Jeep Gas vehicle

They're all around the same price just don't know the difference between them. Any input is greatly appreciated!

DROBICON

Been reading reviews on this performance chip and ready to buy just don't know what one to buy.. Below is what I've found.

They're all around the same price just don't know the difference between them. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Or do I spend a little more and get a Diablo Sport Intune programmer?

t8er

I like the superchips flashpaq. Which motor do you have? If it's the 3.6 you want the 3870 if I remember correctly but you'll still need to download the update on a PC. Can't use a Mac for it.

DROBICON

I like the superchips flashpaq. Which motor do you have? If it's the 3.6 you want the 3870 if I remember correctly but you'll still need to download the update on a PC. Can't use a Mac for it.

I have 3.8L engine. That sucks that I can't run the program on my mac.. Do you run superchips? Any MPG increase?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

you want 3870 or 3872. they are both the same unit its just that the 3872 is the newer model. if you find a 3870 it will be updated to the same software as the 3872 anyway so it doesnt matter.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/under-.../superchips-jeep-jk-2007-14-flashpaq-3872#tab

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the info. Do you run this tuner? Worth the $$?

yes i do. ehhh i personally didnt notice a difference once i tuned it. i did notice more throttle response from a dead stop but nothing else really. if your just looking to change tire size, shift points, and a few other things i would suggest the flashcal. has all the same features as the flashpaq just without the tunes.

DROBICON

yes i do. ehhh i personally didnt notice a difference once i tuned it. i did notice more throttle response from a dead stop but nothing else really. if your just looking to change tire size, shift points, and a few other things i would suggest the flashcal. has all the same features as the flashpaq just without the tunes.

You got me thinking now lol. I deff want to change the shift points along with the tire size since I drive about 50 miles per day (non highway) and I get roughly 11mpg. hmmm I'll have to compare the two together.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You got me thinking now lol. I deff want to change the shift points along with the tire size since I drive about 50 miles per day (non highway) and I get roughly 11mpg. hmmm I'll have to compare the two together.

like i said they both offer the same features. the only difference is if you want a performance tune or not. imo the performance tune isnt worth the extra $150.

Mitrig

Can it use this on my buddies ram!? He was curious since I was getting one but wasn't sure that to get. He has a 4.7L ram, and I have a 3.8l jkur

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can it use this on my buddies ram!? He was curious since I was getting one but wasn't sure that to get. He has a 4.7L ram, and I have a 3.8l jkur

you would need two different units. also once you use it they are vin locked to your jeep or his ram. the only way to use it on a different vehicle is to reset your jeep back to stock which unlocks it

Mitrig

you would need two different units. also once you use it they are vin locked to your jeep or his ram. the only way to use it on a different vehicle is to reset your jeep back to stock which unlocks it

ok that makes sense!!! so these are essentially one time use. Is there no unit which can be used on multiple vehicles? I have 2 rigs and finally have a need to get one and I would like to use it on both and if i could help him out I would like too.

Thanks for the info in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
ok that makes sense!!! so these are essentially one time use. Is there no unit which can be used on multiple vehicles? I have 2 rigs and finally have a need to get one and I would like to use it on both and if i could help him out I would like too.

Thanks for the info in advance.

as far as i know there is no tuner which can be used on multiple vehicles.

Mitrig

as far as i know there is no tuner which can be used on multiple vehicles.

yea that is what i thought, its a bummer...you think its a better idea to buy two used ones? is there any way to verify they have been reset though? I'm new to the whole tuner thing since like i said I've never reached the point where i need to use one till now. last few mod spending sprees were made huge leaps in my rigs progress, probably a little more than i thought that it would have.

Clark Collins

I have a 3.8 auto and really like the 87 performance tune with it. If you have a manual trans I understand that the tunes don't help much, but with the auto I believe they make a difference. I would recommend the flashpaq if you have the auto.

DROBICON

I have a 3.8 auto and really like the 87 performance tune with it. If you have a manual trans I understand that the tunes don't help much, but with the auto I believe they make a difference. I would recommend the flashpaq if you have the auto.

I have auto. Notice a difference in mpg?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

i have an auto as well. like i said i only noticed a difference in throttle response on the 87 tune and not much more. i tried the fuel saver tune and noticed a massive decrease in throttle response but no real mpg gain.

Clark Collins

I have auto. Notice a difference in mpg?
I have left mine on the 87 performance tune using regular fuel, that is actually 85 octane at this altitude. I've never tried the fuel saver tune and have not compared MPG between stock and 87. I get between 15 & 16 MPG with my current set up on the highway at 65-70 mph according to the computer with the tire size and gearing set. When I first got the tuner I tried several performance tunes and the higher octane ones didn't seem to be much better than the 87 tune. We have a long hill on the interstate coming from the South and I compared when the transmission shifted out of OD with the various tunes. The 87 tune held OD longer than stock, testing on the same day. I switched back and forth several times that day to verify the results.

sjd78

Any of you guys figure out how to disable the warning on the information screen after disabling the tpms? I got rid of the yellow dash light but still get the warning on the screen.

Top Bottom