Delete me from the site - I won't be posting anymore anyway

MileHi

So for a NON daily driver that still has to do highway but more off road oriented...maybe the mud grapplers?

For more daily driving maybe the terra grapplers?

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm finding weight spec charts of 35's...mud and all radials (one below.) Most like MTR's, KM2's etc are 62-64 lbs each. Same size nitto Mud and Terra's are 78-81 lbs it appears. Ouch. Can that be correct? I have a built, locked and cromo shaft 30 on the front (44 rear) but that's a LOT more weight per tire if these numbers are true. Almost 20 lb difference per tire!? And stopping that much weight with an off road trailer at times too? I wasn't planning a vanco conversion just yet so...

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/archi...hp/t-2181.html

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

So for a NON daily driver that still has to do highway but more off road oriented...maybe the mud grapplers?

For more daily driving maybe the terra grapplers?

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm finding weight spec charts of 35's...mud and all radials (one below.) Most like MTR's, KM2's etc are 62-64 lbs each. Same size nitto Mud and Terra's are 78-81 lbs it appears. Ouch. Can that be correct? I have a built, locked and cromo shaft 30 on the front (44 rear) but that's a LOT more weight per tire if these numbers are true. Almost 20 lb difference per tire!? And stopping that much weight with an off road trailer at times too? I wasn't planning a vanco conversion just yet so...

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/archi...hp/t-2181.html

So we don't all have to go to another forum.
03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I figured I would add this to the Tire/Wheel thread for folks looking for new M/T tires. Gives you some ideas on weight on some of the more popular brands. Feel free to add more to the list by posting in here by adding the size/brand/weight and even add the more popular brand A/T's as well:

MUD-TERRAINS

33's

33x12.50R17 Cooper STT - 63lbs
285/70R17 - BFG KM2's - 60lbs
295/70x17 - Nitto Trail Grappler - 71lbs
295/70x17 - Toyo M/T - 73lbs
33x12.50R17 - Hecules Trail Digger M/T- 56lbs
LT285/70R17 - Firestone M/T 61 lbs.
33x12.50R17 - Mickey T's MTZ's - 63lbs
285/70R17 - GY Duratrac - 53lbs
33x12.50R17 - Dick Cepek Mud Country - 63lbs

35's

35x12.50R17 unless noted

Cooper STT's - 68lbs
Hercules Trail Digger M/T - 62lbs
Toyo M/T - 79lbs
BFG KM2's- 67lbs
Goodyear Duratrac-(315/70R17) - 60lbs
Goodyear MTR- 64lbs
Dunlop Mud Rover - 56lbs
Nitto Trail Grappler- 79lbs
Nitto Mud Grappler - 81lbs
Mickey T MTZ's - 68lbs
Pitbull Rockers - 85lbs
Deck Cepek Mud Country - 78lbs
Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain 315/70R17 68lbs

37's

37x12.50R17 unless noted.

Cooper STT's - 84lbs
Toyo M/T's (37x13.50R17) - 93lbs
BFG KM2's- 71lbs
Goodyear MTR- 74lbs
Nitto Trail Grappler-85lbs
Nitto Mud Grappler (37x13.5R17) - 90lbs
Mickey T' MTZ's - 83lbs
Pitbull Rockers - 90lbs

ALL-TERRAINS -
(Add them in the thread with size/brand/wt & I will edit as I have time)

33's

33x12.50R17 Dick Cepeks FCII's - 58lbs
285/70R17 - BFG A/T KO's - 59lbs
285/70R17 - Mickey T BAJA ATZ's - 55lbs
305/65R17 - Mickey T BAJA ATZ - 59lbs
Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70R17 54lbs
Toyo Open Country A/T LT285/70R1753 lbs
Yokohama Geolander A/T S LT285/70R1756 lbs
Falken Wildpeak A/T 33x12.50R17 63 lbs

35's

Dick Cepek FCII's - 66lbs
BFG A/T KO's (315/70R17) - 64lbs
Mickey T Baja ATZ - 67lbs
Nitto Terra Grappler 325/70R17 68lbs
Toyo Open Country AT 325/70R17 77lbs
General Grabber AT2 35X12.50R17LT74lbs

37's
**37x12.50R17 unless noted

Dick Cepek FCII's - 89lbs
BFG A/T KO - 69lbs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So we don't all have to go to another forum.

Thanks Rccrwlr, I appreciate you doing that.

MileHi, not to be an ass here but in the future, if you have something to say, I'd be grateful if you could just post it up as opposed to posting links to competing forums. Out of respect for me if nothing else. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a surprise! Look what I got this morning from MileHi...

MileHi said:
Hi Wayoflife,

So I'm on a lot of forums and cross-posting is REALLY common so I was more than a bit shocked by your public "reprimand" to me today on that thread. More like blindsided. In today's world of free data flow I've just never seen that. I had just checked it since we had a good conversation going.

Anyway, I asked to join Wayoflife because I'd seen some of the vids and it seemed like a cool site (although not nearly the only one or most active.) Oh, and I could use tapatalk on it.

I would have appreciated a PM instead of a post on the site concerning this matter as well as perhaps something that at least wasn't prefaced with "not to be an ass."

Anyhow, feel free to delete me from the site. I won't be posting anymore anyway.

-Grant

:crazyeyes:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Really! All he had to do was read the rules when he joined the forum and he would have seen that you can't post links to other forum. Honestly I didn't think your response was a "Reprimand" it was just a hey In the future try not to do that. But if he doesn't want to be here that's his choice.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Exhibit # 4792 of the continued pussyfication of people these days. :crazyeyes:

utiadam

LOSER
Strange! I didn't read that as a reprimand or sense any hostility from you. I think you worded it just fine and were just asking as a favor in the future. Some people.....

jmatta33

lol that must be the most polite reprimand I've ever seen! he would not have lasted long here with paper thin skin like that anyways. It will be tough, but we will have to go on without this guy :'(

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Looks like someone picked up a case of the anal aches. Why do people get so bent out of shape over a polite request to not post links to other forums?

Dean454

I didn't read it as a reprimand either. :grayno: I think Eddie let him know what is appreciated on this site and at the same time put it out there for all to read. If Eddie or Cindy do everything by PM it would take up a lot of their time. Just my opinion!:thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The self-importance of people never ceases to amaze me. Yes Mr. MileHi, this forum was created just for you because you are so special. In fact, all of the forums you visit were created just for you and none of them would exist but for your presence on this planet. So, you have every right to act like a complete ass when the owner of this forum (who provides it to members at the bargain basement price of $0) simply, and quite nicely, asks you to just post up your information rather than linking to another jeep forum.

I miss you already.

Hack12

The self-importance of people never ceases to amaze me. Yes Mr. MileHi, this forum was created just for you because you are so special. In fact, all of the forums you visit were created just for you and none of them would exist but for your presence on this planet. So, you have every right to act like a complete ass when the owner of this forum (who provides it to members at the bargain basement price of $0) simply, and quite nicely, asks you to just post up your information rather than linking to another jeep forum.

I miss you already.

Hit the nail right on the head. :yup:

Top Bottom