Power Door Locks

Mikes Offroad

Anyone have any issues with their power door locks not working? The other day they wouldn't lock or unlock with the key fob I had to use the actual key. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it but now the key fob will only unlock the drivers door. Even when sitting inside the Jeep and flicking the switch on the door it will only unlock the drivers door not the others. I have looked all over the internet for a supposed code that you use with the fob but nothing is working. The JK is a 2007, any help would be great.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
the fob could be dead now. my dad had that happen to his car not to long ago. the fuses were fine but it would unlock ever with him standing right next to it. go it replaced at the dealer

MTG

Caught the Bug
^He said the switch inside doesn't work.

Safe to assume you tried all the door connections? I'd probably start there looking for bad connection or corrosion. But if all the doors but the driver's stopped working at once it sounds electrical. Maybe unplug the battery for 20-30 minutes and see if it resets?

jeeeep

Hooked
try resetting as mentioned, but it could be the TIPM.
My 2010 did the same thing, turns out there is a relay in the TIPM that's not replaceable because it's in the bottom layer of the TIPM and requires the entire TIPM to be replaced.
Dealer and a separate repair shop both quoted $900 to replace and flash it ....all over a single relay!!
I've had manual lock/unlock back doors this last year.

Mikes Offroad

Thanks guys I think I will disconnect the battery for 20 min and see what happens. The batteries in the FOB are fine as I can lock all the doors but when opening them it only opens the drivers front door. As MTG stated when sitting in the Jeep the switch will lock all but only unlock the drivers. I have taken all the connectors apart cleaned them plugged them back in and still nothing. I was wondering if maybe just a flash of the TIPM might reset it.

Top Bottom