Mod advice

Jk909

Hey guys I have a 2dr sport with a 3" lift and 35"s. The mods are both recent. I have some money saved up and I'm indecisive on my next move. Should I regear or fix my pinion angle and buy new drive shafts. I want to take care of the gears first but I don't want my ds to leave me stranded in the mountains. Thanks for your help!

hbkid22

From what I understand if you stay at 3" and below you don't need to worry about replacing your drive shafts at first but would be a good idea to get adjustable lower arms. I am running around 3.5" and 35s with pretty much stock everything else. Not ideal but works for now (as this is how I bought it). I would say gears would be the next mod you should get tho. I am running 3.21s right now and it is miserable but coming February I am getting new gears. I would wait for shafts when you get a new front axle (if you go that route as you will need them then anyways).

Jk909

From what I understand if you stay at 3" and below you don't need to worry about replacing your drive shafts at first but would be a good idea to get adjustable lower arms. I am running around 3.5" and 35s with pretty much stock everything else. Not ideal but works for now (as this is how I bought it). I would say gears would be the next mod you should get tho. I am running 3.21s right now and it is miserable but coming February I am getting new gears. I would wait for shafts when you get a new front axle (if you go that route as you will need them then anyways).

Ya I have the 3.21. I thought I'd be able to live with it for a while but I simply can't, it's horrible.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You'll need both driveshafts at some point. I would regear first. You can pick up some factory take off driveshafts for cheap off the forums and Craigslist in case yours break.

You'll need both driveshafts at some point. I would regear first. You can pick up some factory take off driveshafts for cheap off the forums and Craigslist in case yours break.

If you regear I would have a set of factory drive shafts ready to go just in case. My luck would be the drive shaft would crap out and the. I would be able to find a drive shaft any where but Canada. 😜. Then I would be Jeepless which is not good.

Top Bottom