Those of you who got the extended warranty...do you regret it?

DangerDan

I ordered a 2015 6-Speed JKUR earlier this month and it should be here within a few weeks. I had some concerns about getting the maximum extended warranty or any extended warranty past the 3yr/36,000 mile basic warranty. I work in service for a dealership and seen how beneficial an extended warranty is; however, I do plan to install a 3.5" lift and 35" or 37" tires at some point. So, people who bought an extended warranty do you regret it?

I drive about 25 miles each way 5 days a week for work. I do plan on this being my last vehicle, with the possibility of buying a daily driver car for cheap. From what it looks like, the cost of the maximum extended warranty is around $2,300-$2,700. I understand they have to prove that any aftermarket modification performed on the vehicle caused the warrantable part to fail for them to consider it "unwarrantable" but I seen some shady stuff. My main concerns are everything body related (hvac, electronics, etc) and major components (engine, trans, transferase).

I ordered a 2015 6-Speed JKUR earlier this month and it should be here within a few weeks. I had some concerns about getting the maximum extended warranty or any extended warranty past the 3yr/36,000 mile basic warranty. I work in service for a dealership and seen how beneficial an extended warranty is; however, I do plan to install a 3.5" lift and 35" or 37" tires at some point. So, people who bought an extended warranty do you regret it?

I drive about 25 miles each way 5 days a week for work. I do plan on this being my last vehicle, with the possibility of buying a daily driver car for cheap. From what it looks like, the cost of the maximum extended warranty is around $2,300-$2,700. I understand they have to prove that any aftermarket modification performed on the vehicle caused the warrantable part to fail for them to consider it "unwarrantable" but I seen some shady stuff. My main concerns are everything body related (hvac, electronics, etc) and major components (engine, trans, transferase).

Don't regret it at all. It has saved me twice already on my jeep. I really only have electrical, motor/tranny/t-case left because of modifications but those are the expensive pieces.

DangerDan

Don't regret it at all. It has saved me twice already on my jeep. I really only have electrical, motor/tranny/t-case left because of modifications but those are the expensive pieces.

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the extended warranty and did you buy it at the point of sale or online?

Hot94Z28

I had one on another car and hated it. It was a third party I have no experience with factory direct extended warranty's but I will never buy another third party one.

I got the factory extended and although I haven't yet hit the 36,000 mark, all the work that I've had to get done on it makes me VERY glad that I got it.

Kalums

On my 08 JK 2door I had the extended drove it to 76k and any problems I had I just took it back and said "fix it" and they did (no serious mods tho) took it where ever I could. They replaced 2 clutches the throw out bearing once and a new tranny and rear end. It paid for itself (1700 @ dealership) with all those repairs. And when I traded it in they still prorated it and I got back like 450$.:p

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
If I was keeping things stock for awhile, then yeah - but otherwise they generally are a huge waste of money. Also if you put a lot of miles on, it might be worth it - but I don't do that either so no thanks.

Top Bottom