Oil pan skid plate

noroad

if you got an EVO or rancho style no the seal on the oil pan should hold. I would change your oil at the same time and put the new pan skid on when it is empty.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I recently installed the EVO oil pan skid. I did not remove the pan or drain the oil. The instructions do state that the RTV will hold the pan in place without any bolts (and did for me). It also states to do the instal when the oil is cold.

If I can do it, anyone can.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Thanks, and I just found a video on YouTube for it. First piece of EVO hardware going on.

Big Wall

Could you explain why the transmission cover is more difficult a little more? Mine is on the way.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
It's not really hard. But you have to remove a couple nuts and jack up the trans / tcase to install. Oil pan skid took me longer with all those dang bolts to remove and reinstall

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
don't bump your oil pan too hard if you don't drain the oil, remove all the hard to get bolts and get everything ready before you remove all the bolts from the pan...bumping it just so will break it free and it's messy :doh:

Wethy

don't bump your oil pan too hard if you don't drain the oil, remove all the hard to get bolts and get everything ready before you remove all the bolts from the pan...bumping it just so will break it free and it's messy :doh:

..... free undercoating???? ha ha :cheesy:

Top Bottom