Snorkel exhaust?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why? Your exhaust can be completely submerged under water and not be an issue if you leave the motor running.

Wardell

This has to be on the list for kill it with fire worthy mods. Ugly and no function added. Do yourself a favour and just say no dude.

But to answer your question (a little more seriously), if you can think of it it's probably already been done. Ridg3runner posted one pic, but there were a bunch of others in that thread.

Last edited:

Soonerschooner

That bad eh? I'll have to check it out. I was thinking if one had the turtle back style hard top the USMC style angled exhaust might look good but I'm rethinking that.

LeighP

I Australia, up north, you get some wide, deep river crossings. Some old guys who did this sort of thing regularly used to slip over piece of exhaust pipe, with a thumb screw, over the regular exhaust tip and extended up as tall as an intake snorkel. Its just for river crossings.......but most here don't worry about it. Haven't seen anyone do this in a long time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't know why you would need it. You exhaust has more then enough pressure going through it to push the water out.

jorgelrod

Hooked
As long as your engine is running it's useless, the reason I guess marines my see a reason for it is in case the engine should stall during beach landings or against sea current when boarding the landing craft.

My $.02

Jorge

Top Bottom