Starting Issue

Jeep.JPG

Im having a problem when starting my Jeep occasionally (a 2010 JKU Sport, Manual Transmission). The problem mostly occurs if I stall, however it has happened when I stop for gas as well. When I try to start it back up it will make a sound like the battery is dead, but when I eventually get the jeep to start It will then continue to start every time I try for the next month or so leading me to believe that the battery is ok. Sometimes it will even crank a few times super slow, and then turn over.
I have no idea what could be causing it, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd start by checking the battery connections to see if they are loose or corroded - also check the battery cables.
Check the ground strap, make sure it's not loose or corroded.
if all connections are clean and good, go to a local auto parts store, they'll test it for free -if you have a dead or weak battery plate it'll show up during testing, they can also test your alternator.

Welcome to the Wayife. Please stop by the give us a wave thread.
As my buddy Jeeeep stated start by looking at your battery terminals. They tend to corrode over time. How long have you had your battery? Might be time to start looking for a new one. Also depending on how corroded your terminals are you may need to replace them. Quadratec has some great terminals for I think $30 that will allow you to add accessories to your battery. I will find a pic when not on the app.

R/
Will

Top Bottom