37 " tires rubbing pibch seam

Regnar

I'm sure these questions have been answered before but I'm having trouble digging through to find em. I have 37 inch tire with a 4.5 inch AEV lift and bushwacker flat fender flares. I've also had a rubicon front drive shaft installed for the angle. After I installed a Smittybilt rear Atlas bumper my rear end is sagging a little lower then the front end. A 3/4 inch spacer over the coil springs was recommended to level it out. I'm also rubbing the front area of the wheel well towards the pinch seem. Is the spacer the answer or is there something wrong with my suspension? Does something need to be adjusted? Would I be better suited running 35's with this lift instead of 37's to prevent the rubbing? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I have most the stats on my jeep in my profile.

Thanks

Reg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
To lift the rear a spacer would be fine. If you are rubbing in the front it's because your wheels don't have enough backspacing. What wheels are you running?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm sure these questions have been answered before but I'm having trouble digging through to find em. I have 37 inch tire with a 4.5 inch AEV lift and bushwacker flat fender flares. I've also had a rubicon front drive shaft installed for the angle. After I installed a Smittybilt rear Atlas bumper my rear end is sagging a little lower then the front end. A 3/4 inch spacer over the coil springs was recommended to level it out. I'm also rubbing the front area of the wheel well towards the pinch seem. Is the spacer the answer or is there something wrong with my suspension? Does something need to be adjusted? Would I be better suited running 35's with this lift instead of 37's to prevent the rubbing? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I have most the stats on my jeep in my profile.

Thanks

Reg

you will need to cut the pinch seam. its a very common thing that just about everyone on here has had to do with 35"+ tires.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Looks as if he's got a 2014 and the pinch seams were redesigned to a 45* angle instead of being 90* like the pre mid year 2013 models....I haven't heard or seen any rear tire interference on 3.5"-4" or bigger lifts running 37" tires on any post mid year 2013 or newer JK or JKU's

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

While the pinch seam was changed mid 13' for clearance I have found it isn't quite enough for some 37s. Especially at full stuff. I had to trim the rear seam as well.

Are you running the stock Rubi sliders? Those will need trimmed for sure...

While the pinch seam was changed mid 13' for clearance I have found it isn't quite enough for some 37s. Especially at full stuff. I had to trim the rear seam as well.

Is there any write up on where to cut and how to cut the pinch seam?

I'm not sure about a write-up but will look.

Here is what mine ended up looking like. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I snagged the pictures before my shop lights heated up. Note: my tire is lower than normal because my jeep is partially lifted while I'm installing hydraulic assist.

IMG_20150102_133916299.jpg
IMG_20150102_133924388.jpg
IMG_20150102_133935082.jpg

Yeep

I also had to trim mine on my 14' too... Not very much..maybe a 1/4" -1/2" at most... This is with an enforcer 4",37's, and 4.5 backspace wheels at full stuff

I just used a Dremel with a cylinder shaped grind stone and followed the shape of the current seam, then hit it with touch up paint.... Took 15 minutes and didn't even take the wheel off

Yeep

Also make sure you are not rubbing on inner plastic on the Bushwacker flares.... Mine rubbed the front of the rear flares (if that makes sense)... I just trimmed the plastic flares on the front.... I'll try to get some pictures later if you need them

Regnar

Also make sure you are not rubbing on inner plastic on the Bushwacker flares.... Mine rubbed the front of the rear flares (if that makes sense)... I just trimmed the plastic flares on the front.... I'll try to get some pictures later if you need them

Rub on the front of my rear wheel well is exactly what's happening. So did you only trim the flare or did you trim the flare and the pinch seam?

Dean454

I have no pinch seam left. It cut my tires all up so I took my sawsall and grinder and made it disappear

2011jk

Here is how I cut and filled to clear my 40"

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 202
Top Bottom