Spring Rate for....

AncientTrail

3" Evo plush ride springs? Would anyone using these springs know what the spring rate is front and rear?

Thanks!

:beer:

jeeeep

Hooked
that's like asking Coke what their formula is lol

I don't think I've ever seen that question answered.

JAGS

Hooked
Pretty sure they are the "plush" rate coils for the Enforcer. If you want spring rates, you probably want to look at coilovers. ;)

AncientTrail

Well I must be dumb then.

Why would it be such a secret since every other vendor has not had a problem providing that info? It's not like you couldn't put them on a spring tester before install and if they didn't meet your requirements just send them back. But why have to do that?

Anyway thanks.....I think

JAGS

Hooked

Why would it be such a secret since every other vendor has not had a problem providing that info? It's not like you couldn't put them on a spring tester before install and if they didn't meet your requirements just send them back. But why have to do that?

Then I guess you should ask the vendor.

My take is the enforcer is a semi custom kit and the plush coils is something EVO developed. Not apples to apples when comparing to other kits with more standard options spring set ups.

If you're doing a research paper, then buy a set and run them on your spring tester.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Well some folks keep things proprietary for a reason. Like the EVO Spec coilovers, often imitated but never duplicated.

I can point to several instances of folks asking specific questions about EVO parts, like sliders, then making knockoff sliders and selling them as their "own design." :puke:

AncientTrail

Well some folks keep things proprietary for a reason. Like the EVO Spec coilovers, often imitated but never duplicated.

I can point to several instances of folks asking specific questions about EVO parts, like sliders, then making knockoff sliders and selling them as their "own design." :puke:

I certainly understand folks wanting to keep things proprietary. With that being said, I also like to get as much info as I can before I buy anything. I just don't want to go through 3 or 4 sets of springs before I find what I like.

Some people will just drink the KoolAid and some want to know what's in it LoL!

I'll give them a call on Monday and if they don't want to give out that info, no big deal.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I certainly understand folks wanting to keep things proprietary. With that being said, I also like to get as much info as I can before I buy anything. I just don't want to go through 3 or 4 sets of springs before I find what I like.

I'll give them a call on Monday and if they don't want to give out that info, no big deal.

No problem thinking like that. From what I have read and heard the Plush springs pretty much retain their height after add on's. Search for Enforcer kit and Plush Spring threads. They might help you out.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Ah the koolaid reference. Is JKO that slow and boring that you need to come here?

AncientTrail

I am REALLY leaning towards this. BTW, Welcome to a Wayalife.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

It looks like a great kit.

A friend here in town has a rig with a bunch of EVO stuff on it and suggested I look at the plush springs. The gentleman who is tuning my suspension sets up a lot of the King Of The Hammers rigs and is a tech inspector too. He's deep in getting those rigs dialed in so I'm looking at different springs and gathering info for him. I won't see him until mid Feb. so that is the reason for my stop here. I'm going softer including adding Antirocks front and rear and changing the springs.

The journey continues and I'm learning along the way lol!

Good luck with the Enforcer kit since it seems like you are moving in that direction :beer:

Top Bottom