Jeep vs. Kia

TheStick

I got rear ended on my drive home today. Everyone is OK including my 5yro daughter who was with me.

I just got home and will be taking it in, but visually it's tough to tell anything happened. What "behind the scenes" problems would you look for? Tailgate seems to open and close OK. Spare feels solid.

The Kia did not fare as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420253281.178540.jpg

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Jeep - 1; Kia - 0.

I'm glad you and your daughter are fine. I hope the occupants of the Kia faired as well.

TheStick

Yeah, they were. All the girl driving had some emotional issues. Balling!!!

Still running a stock bumper and tire carrier. Hoping I might get an upgrade out of this anyways ;)

DMF

Glad to know everyone is ok.

Brand new Kia. Not a good way to start the year, poor girl.

Wardell

It's good to hear that you and everyone else is OK, and that your Jeep is in one piece too. Can't say the same for the Kia...

Looks like a dealer plate on the front of the Kia. Tell me you're in a state that doesn't have front plates and that was left on by the dealer... I'd hate to think she had it out on a test drive.

Also, I'd be curious to see how the back of your Jeep looks after that, particularly with a stock bumper, tire carrier, etc. I've heard of and seen pics from other Jeeps in similar accidents that hardly had a scratch, but they all had heavy duty aftermarket addons. I'd have guessed the stock plastic bumper would have been toast, but depending on how she hit you maybe I've underestimated it.

Schweetjk

I got rear ended on my drive home today. Everyone is OK including my 5yro daughter who was with me.

I just got home and will be taking it in, but visually it's tough to tell anything happened. What "behind the scenes" problems would you look for? Tailgate seems to open and close OK. Spare feels solid.

The Kia did not fare as well.

View attachment 117445

Sorry to hear that, glad everyone is ok. I hope she doesn't have Farmers insurance because i was rear ended in my jeep and they did not pay shit, my ARB rear bumper was bent, tail gate was f'd and it was crushed where my factory jack goes. They only paid 800 and i had to pay the difference even though it was his fault. Insurance companies are the worst to deal with!

JLearie

I got hit in October. My damage was to the driver side rear more than center rear. 3 of 4 control arms collapsed and my side axle was bent as well as transmission damage (Jeep was in park). Beside the obvious I would have the garage go over the entire rear end.

TheStick

She does have Farmers :/

I will post a pic of the Jeep today, the pics from last night were too dark to see anything. The stock bumper did fine though. Her car probably came in low so that probably helped.

TheStick

Here it is. Looking at it in the light this morning. A couple scuff marks and blue paint. Really amazed at how it handled the hit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420300503.808773.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420306803.832186.jpg have them take a good look at three cross member behind your bumper, this happened to mine when I got rear ended at a stop light.

Top Bottom