Mopar winch bumper

Wardell

I took a look at the instructions. It doesn't say what winches will fit it, or even give dimensions for the opening, but there's a diagram that shows a Warn 9.5 CTI-s or very similar winch being installed. My best guess is that it probably can fit, but it will likely require a bit of trimming since the Zeon is a centred winch design, while the 9.5 CTI-s is off centre. IIRC the Zeon is also wider, but a similar depth (front to back) and height.

If your dealer sells both, I'd ask if you could take a look at both of them and maybe even do a test fit just to be sure. That'd be the only way to really know.

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I took a look at the instructions. It doesn't say what winches will fit it, or even give dimensions for the opening, but there's a diagram that shows a Warn 9.5 CTI-s or very similar winch being installed. My best guess is that it probably can fit, but it will likely require a bit of trimming since the Zeon is a centred winch design, while the 9.5 CTI-s is off centre. IIRC the Zeon is also wider, but a similar depth (front to back) and height.

If your dealer sells both, I'd ask if you could take a look at both of them and maybe even do a test fit just to be sure. That'd be the only way to really know.

To be fair, you are probably right - you can probably make it fit, but it's not going to just drop in was my point.

CastleRockJeep

It's amazing how many retailers say it will work. Including those that sell both the bumper and the winch. I really want a 10k synthetic line Warn. Hopefully US built. I know Warn isn't the only brand but it's what my Dad has always had. Right now he has a hs9500i on his "Jamboree" edition CJ ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420684837.369562.jpg

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
It's amazing how many retailers say it will work. Including those that sell both the bumper and the winch. I really want a 10k synthetic line Warn. Hopefully US built. I know Warn isn't the only brand but it's what my Dad has always had. Right now he has a hs9500i on his "Jamboree" edition CJ View attachment 118183

Most Warn winches will work, but the Zeon is a newer center mount instead of offset, so most bumper stock unless brand new isn't wide enough to accommodate that, plus other winch brands are usually offset as well (Superwinch, Ramsey, Smittybuilt, whatever). The bumper you're talking about has been around for a long time which is why I say it's doubtful, but that's not to say we couldn't do some trimming and "make it work". It's entirely possible that there's a big gap in there that will be wide enough for either a center mount or a offset, which is possibly why some places say they're compatible.

Sweet CJ too. Let's go wheel it! :)

Top Bottom