trackbar relocate

crazywednesday

Pertinent stuff: 07 jk, 3.5" lift, adjustable control arms, dynatrac 44 axles, knuckles unknown but not stock, draglink is currently higher than stock due to the unknown knuckles.

Problemo: I purchased this JK used and it has a bump steer issue. It drives and tracks great until you hit a bump. I feel like I have read every thread on the internet about this issue twice. Looking at my steering geometry it is obvious that I need to raise the trackbar at the axle. I purchased a Rough Country relocation bracket, but it is built for the smaller stock axle housing and doesnt come close to fitting.

Question: Does anyone know of a trackbar relocation bracket that works with the dynatrac axles?

Justin

Picture is worth a thousand words. Please ignore the brake fluid on the tire. That came from replacing a rusted bleed valve.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Evo drag link flip works with the pro rock 44. It will correct your trackbar and drag link at the same time.

Also it looks like you have Reid Knuckles.

crazywednesday

This is probably going to sound very dumb, but does Dynatrac make the Prorock 44 axle housing? Everything I've seen so far makes me think they do.

Justin

CJW

The only other knuckle than stock I know of for a 44 is made by Reid Racing. Not sure how much it moves the drag link up though. May want to find that out before relocating the trackbar so you can match it.... Just a thought

StrizzyChris

This is probably going to sound very dumb, but does Dynatrac make the Prorock 44 axle housing? Everything I've seen so far makes me think they do.

Yes, the ProRock housing is their very own. Other companies have their own housings as well, but only Dynatrac has the PR

Cadima

Probably should look at flipping that steering stabilizer up top while you search for your relocation bracket.

crazywednesday

So the folks at evo sold me just the bracket and hardware out of their drag link flip kit. They make a track bar relocate bracket that fits the Prorock44. It was nice of them to split up the kit. Ill post a pic and results after I get it on.

Justin

crazywednesday

Update:

Took the jeep into Northridge today; they welded on a new trackbar relocate bracket, added a new drag link bar (joint in the old one was shot), added new track bars (front and rear), corrected caster to 5* (was at 10*), recentered axles and 4 wheel alignment. Jeep now drives like I expect it to and there is zero bump steer. I would be willing to drive this thing across the country now.

Thank you Northridge 4x4!

Justin

Top Bottom