Error codes.

TrailBear

A friend of mine just picked up a '07 rubi he drove it home and a day later he's getting a p0430 and p0420. I did a search here and found the p030 is a cat or O2, any idea on the p0420? Thanks.

thardy

Banned
A friend of mine just picked up a '07 rubi he drove it home and a day later he's getting a p0430 and p0420. I did a search here and found the p030 is a cat or O2, any idea on the p0420? Thanks.

It's the same as the 430. The only difference between the two is one is for Bank 1 side of the motor the other is for Bank 2 side.

Skid_Kid

It is going to have to be taken to a shop to really tell what is wrong, a code reader is helpful but only gives you a broad idea of what is wrong.

TrailBear

Thanks guys, I asked here because I get real world experience. It's still the stock exhaust, I'm guessing the codes are why it went so cheep.

thardy

Banned
Thanks guys, I asked here because I get real world experience. It's still the stock exhaust, I'm guessing the codes are why it went so cheep.

Yeah you're probably right about why it's was cheap. They probably cleared the codes to sell it. If it's just the catalytic converters, he can probably get it fixed under warranty. If I remember correctly, cats have an 8 year warranty.

TrailBear

He check with the local dealer, no go on the warranty, he found a good price for a whole new magnaflow system from the headers back, and they will include the O2 sensors.

Top Bottom