Rear seal leak

bholder817

Ok so after a great time on Friday. I checked under my rig to make sure everything was still in good shape. This is what I found. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420407378.668970.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420407397.166017.jpg
Looks to be what I think is the rear seal. Anyone else have this problem? I researched and could not find much.
I am more curious if this would be a warranted job. I have 50000 miles on my 2011. It is lifted 2.5 bb, 35 nitto muds.
Also anyone know of a lifted friendly dealership near Monrovia, CA.

projectMMTB

I have a '14 and it was basically brand new and I got a seal leak and took it in to the dealership
If they're is ANY SIGN what so ever that your jeep has even ever touched off-road they will void the warranty.
Hundreds of dollars later they fixed it.
Maybe it was just my dealership? Idk.
Good luck my friend.
Not tryin to scare you I'm just sharing my personal experience

jkuone

If your talking rear main seal I doubt it would be covered. Unless you had extended warranty coverage
On it by chance. Wouldn't hurt to try though....

I had a leak that looked similar when I bought my '07. It dripped at the same spot and I thought rear main seal. After looking further with a good flashlight I found it was actually coming from the very back of the oil pan gasket. I changed it myself. Not a difficult job. No more leak.

Top Bottom