ABS / ESP Kill Switch

Hi all.

Just looking for comment from the veteran jeepers here. Have you done this mod? What are your impressions?

Thx in advance.

2011jk

I've done the mod pain wiring all but just take your time.
I've also done the trail dash, IMO best option.

CedarRaider

I did the kill switch. It's easy and cheap ($5 switch and had the wire and connectors in he garage). Just hard to get my fat fingers in to take the connection off and splice the wires. Works great for off-road use.

I did the kill switch. It's easy and cheap ($5 switch and had the wire and connectors in he garage). Just hard to get my fat fingers in to take the connection off and splice the wires. Works great for off-road use.

Did you do the splice under the center console, or where it exits the console and heads towards the dash?

2k13jk

I did the mod also i just cut the wire and added a switcb in between the wire so its an easy on off

Me_The_people

I did the interrupter sw. It's great I'm sad I waited so long to do it! Btw the rear tires will get chewed up wheeling if u do a lot of 2wheel drive and it turns everything BUT the electronic so called limited slip off witch is bs.

CedarRaider

Did you do the splice under the center console, or where it exits the console and heads towards the dash?

I did it under the center console. The wires are wrapped and didn't want to rip off all the tape and run it down. There isn't a lot of wire to work with so splice and crimp carefully.

CedarRaider

Please help the uneducated. What is ABS / ESP Kill Switch and in what circumstances is it use?

The kill switch completely shuts off the ABS ESP and traction control. I don't usually use it on the road due to the abs cut out. I live a couple hours away from the sand dunes in michigan and wasn't able to climb the dunes in 2wd due to the ESP turning the brakes on while I was full throttle going up the hill so I cut this all out. I think it's cut out when in 4lo but I don't use lo much in michigan.

I did it under the center console. The wires are wrapped and didn't want to rip off all the tape and run it down. There isn't a lot of wire to work with so splice and crimp carefully.

Thanks. I want to do this under the console as well, however, I have a 2012 auto, and its pretty difficult to get the console high enough to see the wires. I bought an Oznium switch, have it installed, but havent done the hookup. Im not scared to tap in, but I just cannot get the console out....

Top Bottom